The online racing simulator
Public Teamspeak?
(30 posts, started )
Public Teamspeak?
I wa sjust wondering, if there is a public teamspeak that CTRA offer.

If not, is this not worth considering?

Actually, while thinking about it - I seem to remember a thread that someone posted saying the reason for not having one is due to the fact that it cannot be moderated. Gah!
#2 - SamH
Yep, UKCT has a teamspeak server that we use for CTRA meetings, report discussions etc, but UKCT is a much wider community and those of us who are involved in LFS are somewhat in the minority. We could open a teamspeak server for CTRA, but we'd never go in it ourselves and so it'd be a bit too open to abuse. People generally tend to head for their own teams' Ventrilo or TS servers anyway.
Quote from SamH :Yep, UKCT has a teamspeak server that we use for CTRA meetings, report discussions etc, but UKCT is a much wider community and those of us who are involved in LFS are somewhat in the minority. We could open a teamspeak server for CTRA, but we'd never go in it ourselves and so it'd be a bit too open to abuse. People generally tend to head for their own teams' Ventrilo or TS servers anyway.

There will allways be people that abuse any kind of system
I think it would be a good idea to have a VT server, with different rooms (Race 1 room, Race 2 room, SS room 1 etc etc). If you are offended by something in the room you simply can leave it, it`s not end of the world. Maybe there should be a reporting ability for VT aswell?
Anyway, +1 for CTRA VT channels.
#4 - Jakg
Just a point...

IF CTRA got a voice chat-thingy (which i really doubt it will), it would almost certainly be TeamSpeak, as for UKCT Ventrilo is pretty crap as while lots of people claim it has better sound quality (...which i dispute, but nevermind), it is no-where near as configurable with admin rights being granted to users based on a database etc.
Quote from Jakg :Just a point...

IF CTRA got a voice chat-thingy (which i really doubt it will), it would almost certainly be TeamSpeak, as for UKCT Ventrilo is pretty crap as while lots of people claim it has better sound quality (...which i dispute, but nevermind), it is no-where near as configurable with admin rights being granted to users based on a database etc.

It`s not a question or claim by some people that VT has better quality regarding sounds compared to TS. Thats something like most people agrees on. But you got a point there about the configuration thingy, but still VT is the best. Since it`s hell of a lot easier to use, it`s extremely easy to use compared to TS.
#6 - Jakg
I've yet to see a convincing argument as to why Ventrilo is the best, I hate the Ui, you have to muck about with old versions, and for the only thing i use such an app for, which is the UKCT TeamSpeak server, completely useless.
tbh my preferance is teamspeak, ive used both fore long periods of time and got used to each but for me ts rules, no reason i just prefer it
#8 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :Just a point...

Ventrillo has better sound quality
another beauty of ts is it can be interacted wth by outside sources and you username and pass on there can be used to register you for something else etc
#10 - SamH
Quote from Dru :Ventrillo has better sound quality

Teamspeak has better quality sounding people in it..
lol very true sam
LMAO, a other point - VT demands less of the computer compared to TS.

yeah ok i get what your saying but then if your l33t wnough to realize ts is the best your gonna have a l33t pc
Too bad I don`t have a l33t computer then
Anyway, please at least discuss if there is a chance of having a CTRA VT/TS server. It would be very nice to be able to communicate with the other drivers without typing. And then you solve a other problem - the spam There will be no need to type anything if most of the drivers are on the channel.
#15 - SamH
IIRC, one of our web nuts spent about an hour testing VT and at the end of it swore that if anyone ever installed it on our server, he would beat them about the face and neck with a 64 port Cisco switch.
yeah ok back on topic, i have actually suggested this before and i was given the valid point of it would need someone in there 24/7 policing it and it would br quite hard to manage, and as sam stated noone would want to sit in there on their tod trying to stop huge arguments, it would be great to have bu the inability to trust people means it is not possible, or at least thats how i see it

Guess that is a no then.

#18 - SamH
Quote from SamH :IIRC, one of our web nuts spent about an hour testing VT and at the end of it swore that if anyone ever installed it on our server, he would beat them about the face and neck with a 64 port Cisco switch.

rofl:uglyhamme
But it could be solved a other way too -
if someone outside form the CTRA team managed to put up a server, where people that were racing on CTRA servers could join. Then it would not demand any bandwith from you, and it would not be your problem about whats happening on the server right?
but there would be the problem of people perciving it as official and any probs going back onto ctra
Then ignore it. I mean, people are not retards eighter (well most are not), and if they get offended they don`t have to cry out about it every damn time. To join that server is entierly optional, and you can leave whenever you want, nobody forcing you to be there. If someone is acting offensive, simply put them on ignore or even more simply just leave the channel. I see no problems about that.
#23 - SamH
There's absolutely nothing stopping anyone creating a VT or TS server for people racing in CTRA servers.
yeah i just have worries, vos you know what some people are like, but if the ctra admins ok it and havent a problem thats the end of it if you ge me
#25 - SamH
Well, it'd be a voice server for people using CTRA servers.. not a CTRA voice server. There's a difference.. one is run by us, and the other ain't

Public Teamspeak?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG