The online racing simulator
S3 = more $?
(57 posts, started )
I also don't have any problem with the current pricing model. In fact, I think it's just about right. S2 costs about $43 US which is cheaper than most retail games. This price seems about right since the game includes no manual, box, CD, etc. I think it was worth the price now, so when S2 is final it'll be even more worth it because the product will be much more polished. When S3 comes out that will add another $11 to the price. That's dirt cheap! Most expansion packs cost three or four times that much! And nobody will be forced to pay that extra amount. If you're satisfied with the cars and tracks in S2 you can continue to play them, but will still get the updated graphics, physics, etc. of S3.

Of course, I seriously doubt any licensed S2 player will forego S3 unless there is something that can equal LFS by then. I personally don't think there will be.
24 Quid. Thats what I have paid for this Gam . . . simluator. I don't think thats bad value at all. And to be honest I would even consider up front paying for S3 if the option was slightly more official. I love the fact that this is a professional enterprise from three guys working outside the grasping hands of the big publishing houses. Can I get a whoop whoop for dem three guys . . . (And anyone else who considers themselves important in the LFS dev. Community. Don't wanna upset anyone.)

Dwelling on the S4 issue, I would have thought that by the time they get around to considering an S4, the physics and graphics engines would need complete overhauls. A new entitity would be needed by then not just an add-on for S3.

I do actually like this drip feed method of releasing. I liket he fact that it gives you the feeling that the Devs havn't forgotten you. That they are plugging away in the background trying to give you the best they can for the money you paid. If all that is required for that experiance is a paltry £6 yearly subscription then I'm all for it. Sure beats Eve Online.

But thinking off the back of that would more online content prove worthwhile? Extending the experiance to off the track as well as on it. Paintshops, workshops, a marketplace (For what I have no idea. Skins maybe) . . . That last idea might be just arse talk. A half baked idea. Appologies.

Talking of Arse. Need a poo.
I have a dream!

<a moment of silence>

I have a dream of a country where LFS S1+S2+S3 costs 36 GBP in total which is the complete game and another 12 GBP for official tracks+cars like Nordschleife.
Quote from huxorator :I have a dream of a country where LFS S1+S2+S3 costs 36 GBP in total which is the complete game and another 12 GBP for official tracks+cars like Nordschleife.

That is a goood dream I hope it becomes true!!
Quote from DasBoeseC :@gp4racer - Never saw netKar Pro in motion yet......where can I see it actually?

.....and please I want moving pictures....no screenshots.....

I trust in Stefano, this guy is really brilliant! But youre right too...
.....well.....there was a time when I also 'trusted' the West Bros.

.....but there are only very few similarities, I admitt
Its just saying about a guy who is to release a game some day, you can´t do this through lies

S3 = more $?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG