The online racing simulator
LFS + 8800GTS + Vista 64.
(8 posts, started )
ok LFS works fine in vista64 on this machine, with a 8800GTS 20mb Nvidia card it pulls 200fps on MAX graphics and 16QxAA and 16xAS

no 1 problem, even tho it says 16QxAA it doesnt look any different on the game than it does on 0xAA..

I have the 7.15.11.6375 drivers (stright from Device manager) or 163.71 forceware if you get it from nvidia.

now it does say winxp32bit when you hover your mouse over the driver install. so i will try find some new ones.

but does anyone know of anything else that might cause this?
no but if you install drivers for XP 32 on vista 64 you shouldnt be surprised to end up with a whole lot of trouble ... how you managed to pull that off in the first place is a bit of a mystery anyway

id advise you to uninstall the driver first then run this http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 or something similar in safe mode before you think about installing the right driver
Could you be selecting supersampling AA instead of coverage sampling, because the 8800 doesn't have supersampling (so the jagged edges stay).

btw, the driver install has a check for system architecture, so I highly doubt you have 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit system.
#4 - Bean0
I had trouble getting AA enabled to begin with, but have had no issues since I upgraded to the 169.09 drivers.

As above, use some sort of driver cleaner to get rid of the old ones, install nw ones, then in the nVidia panel, create a profile for LFS with the AA settings etc you want applied. There's a thread around here somewhere started by Jakqui with a load of eye candy settings listed.
i downloaded the 163.75 drivers for 64bit and they have worked fine.
nope its decided not to work now..

ill attach a screenie of the settings. maybe someone can see whats up.

Edit; first one doesnt look any different to 2nd one.
Attached images
settings.jpg
settings2.jpg
#7 - Bean0
Go into the Program Settings and find LFS in the list, then apply the options you want in there. If it isn't there, you can add it and browse to LFS.exe.
that doesnt work either.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG