The online racing simulator
Point a to point b
(30 posts, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :I guess it's kinda scrapped. The amount of work that would need to go into it to make it good is just too high for something that you wouldn't really be able to use online. Or if you made it online compatible (kinda like the autocross competition mode), then you have even more work to accomplish that.

I just can't see it ever being done with the current workpace/manpower. Sure Eric would be able to scramble a single stage together in a reasonable timeframe, but that is just one stage. Even on RBR where you have comparatively many stages, the times driven there are just beyond anything realistic as all the stages are memorized into the last detail, making pace notes completely unnecessary.

Even if you somehow get the content together, then there's also the point of the physics needing massive updates to warrant putting all the work into the content. The loose surface simulation right now just way too simple to do the job.

All in all, if you want rally action, play RBR. Yes, the devs have said that they plan to simulate anything on wheels, but that statement comes from a time where the release of S1-S3 was planned to be within a single year

I think you missunderstod it It says rallypack yes, but it mostly, or from what we belive, would be rallycross contest. The word rally was most kikely used because they were working on tracks that had gravvel on it, aka rallycross tracks
No offence, but "from what we believe"

From what I can remember, the rally pack was supposed to at least have one different rally-like (WRC) car and if possible some point-to-point stages. It was definitely NOT just a rallycross competition thingy, because we can already do that right now with the app Victor wrote some time ago.
Quote from AndroidXP :No offence, but "from what we believe"

From what I can remember, the rally pack was supposed to at least have one different rally-like (WRC) car and if possible some point-to-point stages. It was definitely NOT just a rallycross competition thingy, because we can already do that right now with the app Victor wrote some time ago.

No offence taken
But that`s at least how I understood it as, that it was more like beeing for rallycross useages. But again, the details were never clear, and never will, so it`s a dead end eighter way
We still have an Impreza like car for one of the default backgrounds in LFS. There was clearly some work done on it that we haven't seen. I know Eric has worked on some other things that have never been publically mentioned, but only the devs know to what extent.
Quote from Bob Smith :We still have an Impreza like car for one of the default backgrounds in LFS. There was clearly some work done on it that we haven't seen. I know Eric has worked on some other things that have never been publically mentioned, but only the devs know to what extent.

Damn, you just love to start the rumor mill eh?

Point a to point b
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG