The online racing simulator
Corner Practice Mode
(12 posts, started )
#1 - myx
Corner Practice Mode
Something i would like to see in LFS is a new practice mode: possibility to only practice a specific corner, you could divide the track up into split parts and then choose from which one you would like to start and at what speed, then you can simply drive that corner until you nail it and restart after taking it everytime, eliminating the need to drive a whole lap just to practice on one single turn.

It really is annoying to have your lap ruined because of not being able to figure out your 'bad' turns and improving them without taking two minutes just to take it once.

Do you understand what i mean? Am i making sense?
#2 - (SaM)
Just use the objects editor and place a start position [S] 200m before the corner. When you restart the race, you get spawned there.

The thing is, though, you need S2 for that. I highly recommend S2 because it's a crapload of fun and the racers on the servers are way more mature than those on the demo servers.
#3 - myx
Quote from (SaM) :Just use the objects editor and place a start position [S] 200m before the corner. When you restart the race, you get spawned there.

The thing is, though, you need S2 for that. I highly recommend S2 because it's a crapload of fun and the racers on the servers are way more mature than those on the demo servers.

Really?

I have the S2 by the way. Just need a better computer, try taking a packed first corner with 10-16 FPS. I have just f-ed up the register, so i use another account ingame.

Where can i find the objects editor? Is this alot of work to do?
#4 - (SaM)
You've got S2? Then why does it say you're demo licensed...
Did you use a crack?

If you answer this first, I'll answer your question.
nothing to see here...
Quote from (SaM) :Just use the objects editor and place a start position [S] 200m before the corner. When you restart the race, you get spawned there.

hey, that's a good idea! I'm going to try it out now.
just make sure you leave yourself enough run up to get up to the speed and gear you would on the full track, theres a hell of a difference between aproaching t1 at ascot club from 200 yds away and when you've had your exit speed from the last turn plus the whole straight to reach what is probably very close to your max speed
Quote from tinvek :just make sure you leave yourself enough run up to get up to the speed and gear you would on the full track, theres a hell of a difference between aproaching t1 at ascot club from 200 yds away and when you've had your exit speed from the last turn plus the whole straight to reach what is probably very close to your max speed

And, to get a good exit speed from the last corner for the good speed on the straight, you need a good straight shot speed into that previous corner. But to get that speed, you need a good exit from the corner before that..........

It's just better as practice, to run laps. You get into a rhythm and your cornering will be much better when you get into that zone and get into the rhythm of lapping, IMO.
#9 - Dru
As Nighthawk says - just practice laps, after all if you are only doing segments then how will you know after you 'cracked' that corner what the next one will be like, also it would not be realistic as your tyre temps would not be accurate
You could nail the corner perfectly in such a mode, but then in most cases you'll be SOL when it comes to nailing it during a full lap because the run-in, speed, and approach angle will be different. As said already, practice laps is the only proper way to do it.
He's talking about a few of his bad corners. So those could be improved alot by that one-corner method.
Once you feel familiar with the bad corners. It's time for the real practice. Lapping and lapping until you dream about the track.
Sam you shouldn't be explicit about Demo users using cracks. You should just ask why he's posting under a demo account.

Corner Practice Mode
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG