The online racing simulator
no skin files???
(11 posts, started )
no skin files???
Hi. i have just been to my lfs/data/skins folder and it is blank. I was going to attempt to create my own. Does anyone know where they would be???
I think the jpg files get deleted after the game converts them to .dds. Haven't looked, though.
Nope they don't
Same problem here. I used to make skins before then I stopped playing for a while and my game deleted somehow.
So I downloaded demo and authorised again and now the jpeg files aren't there any more, only the readme.txt file is visible.
The dts files are in a different folder, I think skins Y folder and those can't be opened with photoshop or paint.
Where have the jpeg files gone? I have a nice idea for a skin
.DDS files can be opened with Photoshop, you just need to download the plugin from the nVidia website.

You should use the Master Skinnerz Pro Kits as a base, anyways, because they are far superior.
That works, cheers.
I noticed somewhere on the nvidia site that DDS files can be opened with 3Dstudio max, got me thinking is there a possibility that the cars shape can be modified aswell?
#7 - garph
LFS X doesn't have any default jpg skins they are all .dds.

Also if you are making skins you should be using the cmx viewer which has all the default skins as jpg's!!
@Z32 King
DDS files don't contain any shape or vertex info. So while 3DSMax may very well open them, all it'll open is the flat skin file, same as Photoshop would. However, if you have the CMX Viewer, you get 3D files with that (CMX, strangely enough ) which are the models you can use in the 3D app of your choice.
Ok, I've made a skin now I can't fint the skin upload button on lfs.net....
Quote from Z32 King :That works, cheers.
I noticed somewhere on the nvidia site that DDS files can be opened with 3Dstudio max, got me thinking is there a possibility that the cars shape can be modified aswell?

It's just a plugin that allows DDS files to be used as textures. DDS files contain no 3D information, as Dajmin said.

The skin upload button is not on LFS.net, it's on LFS-World.
Cheers buddy.

no skin files???
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG