The online racing simulator
Wrong Version!!!!!!!!
(14 posts, closed, started )
Wrong Version!!!!!!!!
hey guys

i baught s2 the other day

when i click on display list of games the first two come up as....
host is lfs s2 0.5x12 and host is lfs s2 0.5x10..........and next to them it say WRONG VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant click on this row and i believe i am missing out on alot of races!

at the top i can join 92 hosts....(all empty except 3)- no reply-14 and WRONG VERSION-561

so is there a way that i can fix this....
it really shits me that i cant even get into a proper race!!!!!!!

hope you can help

thanx
LFS should auto-update when you go to join online. If it doesn't, try re-downloading from lfs.net.
thanx mate but before i redownload it does anyone know another way to fix this???????
You must have a version prior to V as the auto update feature came in one of the U test patches.

Redownload is your only choice if it won't auto update I believe.

What version is your's? It will say on the front main menu screen at the bottom.
To save your setups and skins, copy everything in the LFS/data/skins and LFS/data/settings and place them back into their respectful folders after doing a clean (vanilla) install.
Don't worry, we always try to help out our non-native English speaking friends here to help them improve.....

Oh, wait a minute....
hey guys

i fixed it without having to re-download it..i had to download the patch version s2 x10 0.5...it came up when i press display list of games and i just had to cllick download lol
thanx for ur help anyway guys

thanx
:doh:
Wrong Version in the Listing section of the tracks thing.
Hi. recently I have discovered that I have 3 lines when searching for tracks that list wrong versions and then a very large amount of servers for each of these versions.

I thought that LFS was automatically updating the tracks and the end users?

Do I need to re-install the game again?

Have I missed an important set up updates?

Thanks!
Hi, which version are you on? S2 0.5Z28 (that was the last official patch)?

You can check it on the bottom of your entry screen.

Currently there are some patches being tested and some on newer hosts, but still there are loads of Z28 hosts that you should be able to connect.

If you have Z28, make sure all the filters are turn off and TCP is [yes]. (Although I can't find the TCP filter on the Z34 test patch )

Sample host list with certain filters enabled; http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=111330&d=1293889133

If possible post a screenshot of your host list screen (ctrl+s) and find the saved file in /lfs/data/shots/ folder and uplaod it here.

You can download LFS Z28 from lfs.net if you've got an old(er) version, but you probably won't need to do it...

PS: You can find the test patches here; but its not required to use them yet - as they're still being tried and tested
Quote from Silverracer :(Although I can't find the TCP filter on the Z34 test patch )

Z30 changelog says;
Removed TCP filter that allowed old versions in the list of hosts

Quote from sambagirl :Hi. recently I have discovered that I have 3 lines when searching for tracks that list wrong versions and then a very large amount of servers for each of these versions.

I thought that LFS was automatically updating the tracks and the end users?

Do I need to re-install the game again?

Have I missed an important set up updates?

Thanks!

It's ok, you are just seeing the test patches. There will be an automatic update when we finish the test patches and release a new official version. That should be within two or three weeks, depending how many bugs are found in the next patch - hopefully none.

I'm going to close this thread though because it's so old, the first post can appear quite confusing...
This thread is closed

Wrong Version!!!!!!!!
(14 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG