The online racing simulator
Help: Mrt @ As1
(15 posts, started )
I need some help in the MRT5 at aston cadet.
my best is 56.25
I'll post a replay later, but what tips do you guys have for this tricky combo?
I'm using an inferno WR set.
Attached images
zoomyslow.jpg
replay! first laps are just tire warming, lap 12 is my best: 0:55.73!
how do I extract sets from WR replays?
Attached files
MRT5TCeventslaps.spr - 359.1 KB - 277 views
You can't, and it's that way for a reason.
This set has manky understeer but it will do mid-54s laps all day once you get into the groove, and it's really safe over the bumpy bits.
Attached files
MRT5_AS_Cadet_54s.set - 132 B - 869 views
thanks. will try.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :
I'll post a replay later, but what tips do you guys have for this tricky combo?
I'm using an inferno WR set.

I wouldn't use the inferno set for the MRT. It's knife-edge balanced in order to extract absolute maximum speed, so it's very unforgiving. I like to soften the springs and other stuff, just dealing with a bit of understeer (like thisnameistaken) in order to have a more consistent, manageable, drivable feel in the MRT.
There is an excellent set for AS2 on my setups page.

http://www.gentlefoot.com/sets.html

It's one of my very best sets and I got very close to WR with it. I would have thought it will work pretty well at Cadet too.
Aston Cadet (AS1)
#9 - Jakg
AS2 has a massive straight whereas Cadet has a tiny straight - Cadet has BIG elevation changes whereas Club doesn't

...how can they be similar...?
Quote from Jakg :AS2 has a massive straight whereas Cadet has a tiny straight - Cadet has BIG elevation changes whereas Club doesn't

...how can they be similar...?

How long the straights are is irrelevant on a machine with a low max speed and no downforce.

Elevation changes - not sure how that affects setup - please explain.
#13 - Jakg
Surely the weight of the car and the pressure that the suspension is under as the car gets to the bottom of the Eau Rouge bit has an affect that needs to be factored into the setup, whereas Club is very flat...?

I'm not setup guru, but i'd think that there would need to be some diferences...?
Quote from Jakg :Surely the weight of the car and the pressure that the suspension is under as the car gets to the bottom of the Eau Rouge bit has an affect that needs to be factored into the setup, whereas Club is very flat...?

I'm not setup guru, but i'd think that there would need to be some diferences...?

I would suggest that what happens at the bottom of eau rouge is irelevant as you are heading through there with no steering lock on anyway if you have the line right.

I think that undulations are only important if they happen while a change of direction is also required.
AS Cadet might need a little more ride height.... that's about it. My sets for any one car vary very little between tracks, especially so for non-downforce cars. If a car handles as you want in all the situations, then it will do so on any track. Essentially all that changes is the order and radius of right and left turns (with a little elevation and kerbing here and there thrown into the mix).

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG