The online racing simulator
Bash TV - Episode 1 (the "mystery" project!)
(23 posts, started )
Well, here it is, the first ever episode of Bash TV.

I hope to be bringing you broadcasts of races from the CTRA Bump n Jump servers. Now, let me first say, I am NOWHERE near as good as Becky and her crew so dont go expecting STCC quality production here!

Also on that note, this is NOT an "official" CTRA sanctioned broadcast, so any views expressed are mine only, not of CTRA or its officials. Its just a bit of fun really!

I reckon it turned out quite well, apologies for the relatively mid-quality capturing, I hope to upgrade my PC soon to get better footage.

Anyways enough ramblings, here are the links:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRFJxdfm8pc

Stage6: http://stage6.divx.com/user/VL ... 1868955/Bash-tv-episode-1

Download: Coming Soon

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

Damo
Too bad for the quality, made my eyes cry. Otherwise it was fun to watch and listen, good idea
This is your mystery project?? Commentating on races? I must say I'm kinda dissapointed, but this is only the first one I guess.

And fly thru of WooblyOval? You must explain the complex corners!
Nice initiative! I reckon it'll encourage a few more players to join the jump and bump servers.
#5 - kaynd
LoL funny stuff and surprisingly nice commentary, the quality was not an issue for me on youtube version.
i liked that, i like the idea of broadcasting a public server race
#7 - J@tko
I thought it was really good. B&J looks really fun - with loads of contact and action:

'Hello - I'm Becky Rose; I'm from Wales; Get out of my way!'
Classic!
i loved that bit
Very nice thing you have there. Loved the commentary; very funny and entertaining!
GREAT STUFF!

Quote :'Hello - I'm Becky Rose; I'm from Wales; Get out of my way!'

Made me lol!
Quote from kurent :This is your mystery project?? Commentating on races? I must say I'm kinda dissapointed, but this is only the first one I guess.

And fly thru of WooblyOval? You must explain the complex corners!

I did WobblyOval as my first one as it was the easiest to do to be honest. It was all pretty much an experiment and I am always still learning how to use Vegas, so if I do any more, I hope they will improve.

Anyways, I expected this sort of comment from you Mr Kurent sir , in fact you reminded me about something I was going to say during the commentary which I completely forgot about. Just a slight dig about you and your absolute love of ovals .
I thought it was very good; a nice rival series for The Blame Game

Humerous commentary (reminds me of Charlie Cox, if you've heard of him) and very good editing as well. This could become a popular show, you may get too busy for your own good! Maybe a spin off show with non-BJ races would be good to!

What I would say is:
Speak up a bit; you sound (just a little) like you're holding back your voice because you don't want to disturb someone, especially in the intro and at the end. Just forget anyone else is in the house/block of flats and be loud (you can always turn down the volume later).

Smoother cameras would give a nicer TV effect

Shorter intro movie; although the music for it is good, and it features me a couple of times!

If you ever need a guest commentator for your series, I'm here with my crazy British accent!

Out of interest, after all the footage was shot, how big was your folder (in terms of gigabytes) full of captures?
Loved it. Bad luck to Becky though, then again she was already into next week so she would have won anyway
maybe list the usernaems of the drivers? I have no idea who those people are.
Any actions seen in this video by CTRA licenced drivers and officials should not be considerd condoned by the CTRA.

I have been so royaly pwned

!
Great fun
i think the ctra servers are the perfect broadcasting medium between full public servers and leauges
that was nice stuff man, really fun to watch
Quote from March Hare :GREAT STUFF!

Made me lol!

Lol same here ;D
Nice video, and the Stage6 quality is more than ok enough
Thanks all for the positive comments, makes me want to do a second and better episode (one with no ovals, just for Kurent :razz.

To MP3Astra: you are uncannily correct, I probably was holding my voice back a bit as most of this was recorded late at night, and didn't want my missus to walk out and see me yelling at the computer screen and waving my hands all about. Next time I'll do it when no one is home and just go nuts. Also, the total captured files for this project alone was 3.89GB from FRAPS recorded at 640x480 at 30FPS.

Funnily enough, I think it actually was watching The Blame Game that inspired me to do this, so there you go. Its your fault!

To Zoomy: I was tossing up whether to use racer names or LFS usernames, ended up going with racer names as replays dont save usernames that I can see.

To Becky: Yes, yes you were. Glad you liked it. Making full use of the BnJ rules!!!
tbo 3,89 aint bad for fraps, i once managed to get together 15gb of video for a 2 min max vid lol, i just couldnt stop filming
#21 - Nobo
Hey nice watching that ! Actually Damo i think you have some talent in commentating LFS races!
Quote from Damo74 :
To MP3Astra: you are uncannily correct, I probably was holding my voice back a bit as most of this was recorded late at night, and didn't want my missus to walk out and see me yelling at the computer screen and waving my hands all about. Next time I'll do it when no one is home and just go nuts.

Heh, I've been there, just swap "missus" for "mum" and "hands waving about" for "enthusiastic head-tilting".

Quote from Damo74 :
Also, the total captured files for this project alone was 3.89GB from FRAPS recorded at 640x480 at 30FPS.

Blimey, I was expecting much bigger than that! For example The Blame Game Episode 7 was 14 gigs in total! I guess you capture at 1X speed whereas I do it at 0.5X speed.

Quote from Damo74 :
Funnily enough, I think it actually was watching The Blame Game that inspired me to do this, so there you go. Its your fault!

Gutted! But you don't have your own website yet...
Quote from Damo74 :
To Zoomy: I was tossing up whether to use racer names or LFS usernames, ended up going with racer names as replays dont save usernames that I can see.

You can see them. Press ctrl shift to see the usernames above the cars during a replay. I think that's what you're looking for.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Heh, I've been there, just swap "missus" for "mum" and "hands waving about" for "enthusiastic head-tilting".

"Head tilting"???????? WTF?

Quote :You can see them. Press ctrl shift to see the usernames above the cars during a replay. I think that's what you're looking for.

Aha! So it does, you learn something new every day!

As for guest commentating, weeeeeeeeeeeelllllll, I do have a few ideas.......................

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG