The online racing simulator
Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Off Road 4x4 Games
Does anyone know of any good off road 4x4 pc games, I know there are a few but I just don't want to race, I want one with a free roam feature so I can do what I want. I can't find one like this what is also pretty realistic. I go off roading alot and even though only being 15 well nearly 15 I am allowed to drive up there but we don't go all the time and just want a sim aswell.
#2 - J@tko
Rig of Rods?
#3 - sam93
Quote from J@tko :Rig of Rods?

Played it, not much like a sim for off roading, I am going to try screamer 4x4 see what thats like, I want one like when it is really wet you start to slide, basically everything what happens when off roading.
1nsane is fun, Pathfinder is pretty good too but it has no free room mode iirc.
If you have a PS3, motorstorm is decent.
#6 - sam93
I dont have a ps3 I have a xbox 360 Elite, rather have it for the pc, if there is no decent ones around, I still do the real thing, nothing better then sliding down a sloppy slope and going down very steep hills and through water.
Screamer 4x4

Classic
Yeah, I think 1nsane! is the best out for the PC in recent years.

I got it for £1 on ebay a few years ago. Bargain.
#9 - (SaM)
Quote from niall09 :Screamer 4x4

Classic

+1

Installed it again the other day, never a wasted moment.
#10 - JTbo
Quote from niall09 :Screamer 4x4

Classic

There really is no competition for this one, only single product that really has even little offroading in it.

I think it would be possible to do mod for rFactor, but still that would not be the same as it does not support manual differential locks etc.

Rigs of Rods sure has terrain and 4wd cars but it is not really giving any feel of real offroading, maybe if one would do some modding for that.

1nsane is also quite different, not really for offroading, even it is great game.

Good offroading simulator is quite difficult to make as grip is so hard to get even remotely realistic, would be interesting to see if LFS would someday have these kind of possibilites opened too.
download 1nsane(you can get it for free now a days if you look hard enugh) go get some new levels and trucks/cars(there are thousands and thousands of add ons) and you have one of the best offroad games ever made. great physics(mostly) good graphics(if you get well made add on trucks) and free roam as long as you like. i downloaded it about a year and a half ago an still play it alot. if you like rock crawling get the carnage lvl and a couple rock crawlers that is blast ive spent like three hours one day tryin to make it up this one path. plus you can just go for some high speed dirt jumping. well i think ive said enugh im goin to bed night night.
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :download 1nsane(you can get it for free now a days if you look hard enugh) go get some new levels and trucks/cars(there are thousands and thousands of add ons) and you have one of the best offroad games ever made. great physics(mostly) good graphics(if you get well made add on trucks) and free roam as long as you like. i downloaded it about a year and a half ago an still play it alot. if you like rock crawling get the carnage lvl and a couple rock crawlers that is blast ive spent like three hours one day tryin to make it up this one path. plus you can just go for some high speed dirt jumping. well i think ive said enugh im goin to bed night night.

+1
1nsane is a great game, and I would advice the topic starter to test it if he hasn`t done it yet
Screamer 4x4 is at best when you think it as a 4x4 trial instead of an offroad racing game. 1nsane and all the others are more like arcade racing games while Screamer is very different even without not trying too hard...

It would be just awesome if there was a decent game just for rock crawling
meh...rigs of rods does it all, offroading, rock crawling u can even fly planes there.
oh, and its a sim
Am I the only one that has tried Rigs of Rods and found it garbage?

Cabella's 4x4 Off-Road adventure. I have 1 and 2. I use to have a video of it, but have long since deleted it from the net.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/cabelas4x4ora3/

Pretty cool game.
#17 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :Am I the only one that has tried Rigs of Rods and found it garbage?

Cabella's 4x4 Off-Road adventure. I have 1 and 2. I use to have a video of it, but have long since deleted it from the net.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/cabelas4x4ora3/

Pretty cool game.

Those Cabelas games are not too often seen this side of sea, so I have not tested those. In screens it sure looks like bit what 4x4 screamer was but is it really like that or more like arcade rallying?

RoR is quite cool concept, but it lacks that something in driving feel.
Rallying? The concept is to explore the "map" and reach your destination. I haven't tried Cabella's 3, just have 1 and 2. I don't know if anything is improved, doubt it as it's fairly archady. But you drive mostly in 4x4 low range at probably max of 20 mph to get to your destination.

I'll have to do another vid...
#19 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :Rallying? The concept is to explore the "map" and reach your destination. I haven't tried Cabella's 3, just have 1 and 2. I don't know if anything is improved, doubt it as it's fairly archady. But you drive mostly in 4x4 low range at probably max of 20 mph to get to your destination.

I'll have to do another vid...

Sounds really good, looking forward of your new video

His video did not really make me run to shop
Screamer 4x4 was an outstanding game, as was Insane, insane was more of an arcade game, where as screamer was erring on the side of simulation.

A Russian 4x4 sim has been released recently, which is supposed to be the best 4x4 sim since Screamer, might be worth a look

http://4x4game.ru/
#21 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :Screamer 4x4 was an outstanding game, as was Insane, insane was more of an arcade game, where as screamer was erring on the side of simulation.

A Russian 4x4 sim has been released recently, which is supposed to be the best 4x4 sim since Screamer, might be worth a look

http://4x4game.ru/

Oh, thx from heads up

Demo is when you click Файлы from left side menu then Скачать демо-версию from new page, orange link with (285 Мб) at end of it.

Direct link to demo Which I'm not sure that works.

edit: youtube video I found from that game, physics looks to be somewhat 'interesting'
Quote from JTbo : physics looks to be somewhat 'interesting'

lol XD
now i can save my time, by not downloading it
I haven't seen the video, but it could just be an anomaly?, I mean, LFS it's without it's physics issues is it
#24 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :I haven't seen the video, but it could just be an anomaly?, I mean, LFS it's without it's physics issues is it

Car does ride on terrain very much like tires would be glued to ground, it just goes and goes even eye says it should be tip over if driven in such manner.

Even terrain has small jumps or so, car just don't jump from those, only at edge of cliffs etc car goes airborne, but somehow that does not convince me.

Well, I try to test demo too, maybe it is better than it looks or something, but Screamer 4x4 looks better in physics wise, imo.

Edit: good test
I couldn't get the demo to work, the installer gave some sort of error in gibberish symbols.

Off Road 4x4 Games
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG