The online racing simulator
Animated GIFs as avatars?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - J.B.
Not really a bug probably, more of a forum setting type of thing, but I think it fits here. I just tried to upload a new animated GIF avatar and got the message "You may not upload animated images." So what's that about? Is it there on purpose? Why?
Hmm, there are several members with animated gifs as avatars... and I see no reason to not allow them They're already limited in size, so it shouldn't do any harm to the casual forum user (nor to the forums server), bandwidth wise.
i hope its there on purpose as there probably is nothing more annoying and distracting than an animation right beside the text youre trying to concetrate on (why dont we all just write our posts with blinking tags ... wouldnt that be cool ?)

and please dont tell me you wanted to upload brian doing the peanut butter jelly dance as your new ava
Quote from Shotglass :and please dont tell me you wanted to upload brian doing the peanut butter jelly dance as your new ava

You mean you wouldn't like that. Brian's Peanut Butter Jelly dance is brilliant! Shame you can't put sound in a gif too, then we could hear him everytime J.B. posts too

how about flash avatars ... everytime you enter the forum youd be bombarded with tons of fruity colours and you whole pc would slow down enough for you to get nostalgic about the good ol days of running 95 on a 486
demo racers cannot upload animated avatars.
#7 - J.B.
Quote from tristancliffe :You mean you wouldn't like that. Brian's Peanut Butter Jelly dance is brilliant! Shame you can't put sound in a gif too, then we could hear him everytime J.B. posts too

Now how awesome would that be?

Quote from Victor :demo racers cannot upload animated avatars.

Ah, I thought it might be something like that. Although I'm not really a demo racer, I just have a different forum name. No biggie.
#8 - Turb0
Quote from tristancliffe :You mean you wouldn't like that. Brian's Peanut Butter Jelly dance is brilliant! Shame you can't put sound in a gif too, then we could hear him everytime J.B. posts too

Now that would make a ven smile
Quote from J.B. :Now how awesome would that be?
Ah, I thought it might be something like that. Although I'm not really a demo racer, I just have a different forum name. No biggie.

#11 - J.B.
Quote from biggie :

LOL

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG