The online racing simulator
Who removed me from starting grid?
When in this screen sometimes people get the funny idea of removing everyone from the starting grid. You can never know who is doing it. So maybe something like "player1 removed player2 from starting grid" would be nice.

edit, new idea:
- nobody can remove other players
- if someone wants to swap position the other player must click agree button
- ~20 seconds after the track is loaded the race starts if there is at least one player on the grid
Attached images
raceStart.JPG
#2 - ajp71
A simpler option would be to only allow admins to remove/move people from the list without asking. If other players swap position with someone maybe it could ask the other person whether they want to swap or not?
You can't remove players from there??? Only when your admin.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You can't remove players from there???

Yes, you can. And it's very annoying, so +1 from me.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, you can. And it's very annoying, so +1 from me.

Oops. Ignore previous post then, But I never got removed from the starting grid.
You were lucky.
#7 - richy
yeah this is seriously annoying +1 for some feature to stop this!
It should be completly removed, only for admin's

+1
#9 - bbman
Quote from Takumi_lfs :It should be completly removed, only for admin's

+1

Nah, you have to be able to remove yourself from the grid... Imagine you did a race, and before you could go to spectate, the session is ended, but you don't want to partake in the next race... It would be a bit unfair on those behind you to have a grid position vacant just because you couldn't remove yourself from the grid...

Although a session is almost never ended on a public server, it's mostly used in leagues to set a specific grid, I agree that only an admin should be able to remove other people from the grid, so +1...
yes i was on ctra tonight and that happened alot
Quote from bbman :
Although a session is almost never ended on a public server, it's mostly used in leagues to set a specific grid, I agree that only an admin should be able to remove other people from the grid, so +1...

The CTRA servers rotate tracks (I wish more servers did) so the race is ended on a routine basis
+1

I'm sure I suggested this a while back though

DK
Simply because, I've had races where we want to get underway, but because someone has joined the grid and gone for a cup of tea or a loo break, we've had to wait for them. It's there for a reason. Maybe it could be removed in favour of a vote to remove someone from the grid? That way, when someone does go AFK... it's more 'democratic'
Quote from JamesF1 :-1
Simply because, I've had races where we want to get underway, but because someone has joined the grid and gone for a cup of tea or a loo break, we've had to wait for them. It's there for a reason. Maybe it could be removed in favour of a vote to remove someone from the grid? That way, when someone does go AFK... it's more 'democratic'

A very good point. Nothing worse than sitting for 15 minutes waiting because someone may be poo.... er, using the facilities.

Make it a vote that could be canceled by the one getting voted against?
Or maybe we could just have 20 seconds to join the grid, after that ready or not the race starts.
+1
I get removed all the time arg!
Quote from JamesF1 :-1

Going back to my suggestion of asking the person for confirmation maybe it could be timed ie. if a non-admin removes you you get a message saying you are about to be removed from the grid and have an option to allow or block it but after 5 seconds it's automatically approved if you don't do anything?
What if that person was AFK for those 5s, for example, getting a drink or a bite to eat? They'd be mad when they came back, yes?

IMO it is better to only let admins remove somebody from the grid than a racer who thinks somebody is AFK

DK
I don't think you should be drinking and driving even in LfS.

if I want a bite to eat I spectate and eat at my leisure. Besides watching other people race is good entertainment. Just like watching TV while you eat.

Edit: Damn! Forgot to ad my oppinion about this "feature".

I don't remember experiencing this on any server. But I think a single, non admin, person shouldn't be able to do this.
So +1 from me.

Maybe people just don't see any use in booting me because I'm so slow.
+1 for the idea
the current system is far too open to abuse. i believe something needs to be changed, what I dont know, but the removing of people from the grid is a huge issue at race start in my opinion. multiplayer games sadly need to be grief protected, and this is definately a griefing 'feature' that is allowing people to cause harm to others, anonymously at that too! and to that the fact that 1 person can join the race click go and start the race on a ctra server, and before anyone can join they can end the race and change the combo with just one vote.
+1 yeah, wow I'm suprised there haven't been requests for this a long time ago, or that I haven't given any thought to making that request.

' gets realy annoying

Edit: oops guess i didnt read far enough
I think you are way overcomplicating this. Nobody get's to remove anyone, but a timer is counting down to race start. After that if you're in, you're in, if not, too late!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :What if that person was AFK for those 5s, for example, getting a drink or a bite to eat? They'd be mad when they came back, yes?

They probably would be mad but they have no right to be.

Don't join the grid if you leave your wheel. It's ignorant towards the other racers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG