The online racing simulator
how can i make 2 programs run together?
How can i make 2 programs run together? I.E lfs strobe it can detect "numlock" whilst you are in lfs. Yea just wonderin, thread didnt come up with anything and i search no matches so no flaming pls :P. If it needs a huge amount of code just say "it is a huge amount of code" if not please explain alittle or thread a link to me for info . thanks
sam
Well I am just into that cause of the screensaver thingy.
I don't know if insim somehow informs u on that but I think not.
U could setup a keyboard hook, thats gets the keyboard input and reacts on it, or u can inject a dll in lfs process and do your own windowproc which handles the messages lfs gets.
In any case SetWindowHookEx is your friend.
OK i dont understand any of that anyhow... i`ll google some and see what i can find on a keyboard hook :haha:I`m just a newbie programmer wanting to make a tiny random program :haha:
#4 - Jakg
What exactly do you mean? 2 outgauge apps? 2 apps running from one shortcut...?
No, im using blitz basic.(this random program thingie) (lol). It brings up a little window and i need it to know if i have pressed a key whilst im playing on lfs, but it wont, lol.I`ve looked up SetWindowsHookEx in the commands section but it comes up with nothing.

EDIT: it is probably impossible with blitz basic,lol.
/me quietly yells for Becky...

:hide:
Point is, that windows informs your program of keypresses only , if it has the focus. In your case lfs got the focus, so your program doesn't get informed about it.

I have no idea how it works with blitz basic, but with the windows platform sdk and c++ your can insert your program into the hook chain.

SetWindowsHookEx
#8 - SamH
It's Becky you need. She knows Blitz Basic upside down, plus she knows the guys that wrote Blitz pretty well. If it can be done, Becky can belch it out.
Oh I dont know Mark or Skid all that well, i'd say Mark finds me annoying if anything. Actually the way to do this is via .dll though, you'll need a .decls file for I think kernel32.dll and from there it should be clear from the decorated functions names. This is where futile searches of MSDN come in.

I've got some code from LFS Companion which did this I will try to dig it out in a few days (way too much on tonight) which hooked into the number pad, which LFS sort of supports provided the num lock status is set a certain way. There really arnt that many free keys in LFS.
Is it not possible for it to sense all the keys? abcde... etc?. If so could you send the code needed, because all this "stuff" is far beyond me :P pleeeeeeeease

how can i make 2 programs run together?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG