The online racing simulator
chat keys
(10 posts, started )
#1 - 4aged
chat keys
heya

is it possible to make assign the quick chat things to keys other than f1 -f8?

i use PS2 controller and its hard to press buttons when holding it, but i have a USB numpad that i can press easily while racing.
I don`t think thats possible. The shortcut for messages is F-keys and CTRL+F keys. But I`m not completely sure about this.
there's a program called: Joy to Key which u can use to bind buttons from your keyboard / mouse to your controller or whatever...try to find it on google, maybe it fits for you =)
Quote from Belain :there's a program called: Joy to Key which u can use to bind buttons from your keyboard / mouse to your controller or whatever...try to find it on google, maybe it fits for you =)

Joy2key.exe is what you want to google. Or just google controller mapping or something similar to find others. I'm sure there are others available. Joy2key.exe is a pretty good one though.
#5 - 4aged
thanks, my pad is pretty used up atm, will try it i think i can spare some.
this is a good question
I have been trying to find the same thing. My problem is when I'm racing I don't want to have to look down to press control+F1 or any other combination. It takes to much time. Can we assign a one key press for messages instead of two keys?

edit: I know how to change what the keys say. What I want to find out is if you can press one key: say the "Q" key and get the "Sorry" message to appear?
If anyone knows the answer please let me know.
#7 - 4aged
Quote from Toddshooter :I have been trying to find the same thing. My problem is when I'm racing I don't want to have to look down to press control+F1 or any other combination. It takes to much time. Can we assign a one key press for messages instead of two keys?

you can change the messages that the f1-8 keys show - in the player menu i think.... cant check im at work.

but the f1-8 keys are to far away and i have to take my eyes off the road. will try that joykey thingie see how it goes.
#8 - oli17
can someone tell me how exactly you assign a phrase to a key please
In LFS options/Controllers/Ctrl+ and Alt+ you can assign wheel buttons to any message that you want. this only works with wheel/pad, so not available if you use KB and mouse.

Hope this helps.

SD.
IIRC you can also "say" stuff with scripts, which can maybe triggered with a joystick button

chat keys
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG