The online racing simulator
Villeneuve takes out Compton and English native: Lally
Jacuqes Villeneuve have some kind of quarrel with Stacy Compton. They got together earlier in the race, but eventually it looked like Villeneuve just took Compton out. What made me angry was that Andy Lally, a English native (and one of the many foreign drivers to participate in NASCAR), was taken out.

http://www.nascar.com/video/tr ... .exclude.html?MostPopular

Lally was running so well too (4th at one point)

It was Lally's first CTS race and he's planning a career in NASCAR after participating the Rolex Sports Car Series. I hope he does well
I watched that race, Villeneuve qualified good but i was watching how every lap he fell down even more and more untill he was last lol.
You can tell the LFS Forum is really excited reading about some has-been driver over the pond. It's that way it stirs up a conversation, and get's people posting. It's hard to explain, but some threads have it, others don't...
He learnt that trick from Schumacher, just executed it better.
Oh look, Villeneuve is racing farm vehicles now. They should atleast load them up with something - like a pig or two and a few bails of hay - unladden pick-up trucks can fishtail like crazy.
Quote from Mustafur :I watched that race, Villeneuve qualified good but i was watching how every lap he fell down even more and more untill he was last lol.

All of the foreign drivers (except Montoya and Lally) are proven to being great at qualifying while they are HORRIBLE at racing. Did you see Carpentier bouncing off everyone that sunday? Sheesh

Quote from tristancliffe :You can tell the LFS Forum is really excited reading about some has-been driver over the pond. It's that way it stirs up a conversation, and get's people posting. It's hard to explain, but some threads have it, others don't...

Yes thxs very much for the sarcasm.

You and I both know the LFS community is mainly a European (and F1 community). There is no need to reiterate that fact.

I would wonder if you can ever go on without insulting someone else with a different interest. Seriously Tristan, I expect better from someone prominent in this community. That's quite low.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :He learnt that trick from Schumacher, just executed it better.

I thought it was Montoya
Have all the alternative interests you like. I just wonder why you (and you along as far as I can remember) insist on posting topics about American Racing.

Can't you just have an American Racing thread, and repost in that?
Tristan, can't we just have a European racing thread, and repost in that? What with all your Hamilton this and your Bernie that...

Seriously, though. Threads about NASCAR/CCWS/IRL/Grand Am/ALMS/Sprint Car/NHRL/whatever have just as much of a right to be here as do threads about F1/GP2/DTM/MotoGP/BTCC/Aussie V8s and whatever else. I know you know that, and I know you're just trolling here, but I think that one was a bit below even you.
Quote from lizardfolk :All of the foreign drivers (except Montoya and Lally) are proven to being great at qualifying while they are HORRIBLE at racing. Did you see Carpentier bouncing off everyone that sunday? Sheesh

He's just excited that he's got fenders and CAN rub on cars now. That's all
I thought Marcus Ambrose got promoted to Nextel after his performance in Canada a while back, whats going on?
Quote from tristancliffe :Have all the alternative interests you like. I just wonder why you (and you along as far as I can remember) insist on posting topics about American Racing.

Can't you just have an American Racing thread, and repost in that?

Tristan, can't you just have an "I'm so great and I know better than everyone else thread" so you don't have to go to the trouble of letting everyone know that in as many threads as you can?
I could, lol!

It's not the posts per se, it's the fact that nobody ever (rarely) posts in them, so they are a waste of time, yet he insists on posting them. The F1, BTCC (...) threads generate discussion and lots of people post, so they are less of a waste of time (depending on how fast the go off topic).
Quote from tristancliffe : The F1, BTCC (...) threads generate discussion and lots of people post, so they are less of a waste of time

Actually they are more of a waste of time since people devote more time to them (mostly rehashing the same stuff from thread to thread) than these threads. :P

Ironically it seems that most threads about F1, etc are like oval races, they go around in approximate circles for pages on end.

While the oval racing threads end up being like a group therapy session trying to justify their presence.
"Hi, my topic is ' Villeneuve takes out Compton and English native: Lally' and I am an oval racing thread"
"Hello 'Villeneuve takes out Compton and English native: Lally'!"
V8 supercars barely get any attention in this forums, but becuase its not Cval racing it dosen't get mocked..

Really it would be better if LFS had a larger North American base so there couldn't be this problem, but there isn't and if i remember this forum is for ''General racing talk'' meaning racing wether it air racing or oval racing it still fits in this catagory..
Quote from MAGGOT :He's just excited that he's got fenders and CAN rub on cars now. That's all

I loved his comment to Schrader after the race. "Boy what planet did I just land on?!!!" LAWL

Quote from Mustafur :I thought Marcus Ambrose got promoted to Nextel after his performance in Canada a while back, whats going on?

Oh no, he's scheduled to race in Sprint Cup next year. But it's only part time with Jon Wood and Ken Schrader. The Wood Brothers #21 is always like that. But dont worry, if Ambrose does good, then he'll be in that car almost every race. I mean Schrader was suppose to share a ride with Wood this season but Wood only appeared in one race. How much Ambrose will be in the 21 car depends on his performance. It's kinda unfair if you ask me. I mean Villeneuve and Carpentier are promised full rides

Quote from tristancliffe :I could, lol!

It's not the posts per se, it's the fact that nobody ever (rarely) posts in them, so they are a waste of time, yet he insists on posting them. The F1, BTCC (...) threads generate discussion and lots of people post, so they are less of a waste of time (depending on how fast the go off topic).

That is my problem not yours tristan

Quote from Mustafur :V8 supercars barely get any attention in this forums, but becuase its not Cval racing it dosen't get mocked..

Really it would be better if LFS had a larger North American base so there couldn't be this problem, but there isn't and if i remember this forum is for ''General racing talk'' meaning racing wether it air racing or oval racing it still fits in this catagory..

I'm pretty sure tristan is just trying to find a excuse to bash ovals (what a surprise). I mean there are threads about drag racing that pops up here for god's sake. -_-
Lizardfolk you do start a large number of threads that are basically copy and paste news stories that don't generate any interest. You probably post a lot less of them than there are European racing threads but proportionally it is far more and rather irritating.
Quote from ajp71 :Lizardfolk you do start a large number of threads that are basically copy and paste news stories that don't generate any interest. You probably post a lot less of them than there are European racing threads but proportionally it is far more and rather irritating.

This wasn't really copy and paste news and that's really how we do it in other racing community (atleast the ones I've been to).

but i figured my threads were actually very small in number, for I only posted one thread about NASCAR a week ago and the previous one even further.

I've noticed American sports fans here are sometimes seasonal. Sometimes a NASCAR thread would catch on fire sometimes not. But, when the American spectators dont respond, all the European fans come up and bash it (not really surprising considering the general attitude towards American racing from those not from America). I can see this community is not welcoming to people of diverse interest.

Know what? Alright, fine. I'll stop posting. If my threads general more dissent and "irritation" than actual discussion or opinions of a whole different kind of community (which i've always found interesting and the main reason why I'm diligent on posting), then i'll be better off discussing it in other racing communities.
Quote from lizardfolk :
You and I both know the LFS community is mainly a European (and F1 community). There is no need to reiterate that fact.

I try to read posts with their respective accents, but I just can't.

It all ends up sounding all American in my head. Although I do have more luck with the British and Australian ones.
Quote from Mattesa :I try to read posts with their respective accents, but I just can't.

If you do try that again, please try to do mine in a slightly Canadianized English accent as I moved here when I was 16...
I just imagine everyone speaking as if they were Cartman, makes the forum more fun.
Quote from ajp71 :Lizardfolk you do start a large number of threads that are basically copy and paste news stories that don't generate any interest. You probably post a lot less of them than there are European racing threads but proportionally it is far more and rather irritating.

I can't understand where the irritation comes from. Is it because it's not interesting to some people? 99% of the threads on this forum are probably not interesting to some people. If you don't care about it, just move along. It's not like he's posting in a sub-forum titled "European non-oval racing" using Word document attachments instead of typing up the text in the post.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I just imagine everyone speaking as if they were Cartman, makes the forum more fun.

You mean you don't speak like Cartman? Weird.

Why do you even care? There's so much adolescent crap on this forum, it just seems insane to be barracking someone who's actually interested in racing, racing news, and discussion.

Lizardfolk - keep posting.
I'd say keep posting Lizard; you have interest in it, some others do too.

While I personally don't have interest, I still keep tabs on some of what is happening (mostly because I don't feel like doing my homework...).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I just imagine everyone speaking as if they were Cartman, makes the forum more fun.

You really do lick Hankstars, Kevs and Xaotic arse, don't you
Hey, for the stuff they give me in the alleys between threads, it's worth it?...

I mean, what?!

:hide:

Also, since when was there more than 1 Kev?

*Shudder* ... Two... Kevs... *runs*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG