The online racing simulator
The barriers :S
(16 posts, started )
Its pretty annoying hitting these at even 10MPH and you go flying like you hit it doing 180mph.

Physics need to be sorted on them, I am pretty sure its because your car model actually goes through the barriers then it registers it.
Quote from spacedskunk :Its pretty annoying hitting these at even 10MPH and you go flying like you hit it doing 180mph.

Physics need to be sorted on them, I am pretty sure its because your car model actually goes through the barriers then it registers it.

It's nothing new!
Will be done eventually...or not
yeah... i think i made the mistake of making one of these posts a while back.
I haven't made the post before since I had the sense to just read down the first page... But yes we will eventaully get these updates, it may not be fun but what is complaining about it doing for you (or anyone)?
So.... don't hit a barrier?

EDIT: Ohhhhh, I see now... Online at: [TC] CityDriving Kyoto
My original comment still stands.
Come on, it's right in front of your face...
Attached images
search.png
Wow this makes me wonder why people dont use search feature
Yeah I agree, now with this new feature that actually shows topic with similar names it shouldn`t be hard to see that there was no use for this topic.
Anyway, accidents happen, so a flamewar is not needed.
Quote from The Very End :Yeah I agree, now with this new feature that actually shows topic with similar names it shouldn`t be hard to see that there was no use for this topic.
Anyway, accidents happen, so a flamewar is not needed.

I think hiting them in CTRA bump and jumpo is quite funyy even if im the one hiting it

I always scream wheee!!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I think hiting them in CTRA bump and jumpo is quite funyy even if im the one hiting it

I always scream wheee!!

Lol
They can be fun yes, but it`s anoying if you just tap them a little and get a free space-trip...
LFS - Orbiter edition?

On-topic, does lag play a part in determining how high you go?

DK
Partially. Network lag can make car-to-car collisions worse, but it has no effect on car-barrier collisions.
as far as I know atm its because of the intervalls of the physic & collision engine. If you hit a barrier, it takes some time till the engine notices, and depending on your speed (how deep you "dig" into the barrier) it calculates a wrong entry speed and hence sends you in space
Quote from ACCAkut :as far as I know atm its because of the intervalls of the physic & collision engine. If you hit a barrier, it takes some time till the engine notices, and depending on your speed (how deep you "dig" into the barrier) it calculates a wrong entry speed and hence sends you in space

possible, it can explain why sometime we can go through the barrier !!!!
Quote from ACCAkut :as far as I know atm its because of the intervalls of the physic & collision engine. If you hit a barrier, it takes some time till the engine notices, and depending on your speed (how deep you "dig" into the barrier) it calculates a wrong entry speed and hence sends you in space

I remember someone saying before that the barriers don't have a weight, therefore can't move. They're immensely heavy, so when you hit them they don't move and you glitch off them. Hey, at least we don't go flying into space when we hit a hay bale or cone, come to think of it..Why does this happen with barriers by themselves? Not Hay bails? Or anything else? Could you not just take the Physics code from a normal object that skids out of the way when you hit it and incorperate it into the barriers? Just make them a little heavier so they don't roll away when you hit them. Although, falling over barriers would be more realistic.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG