The online racing simulator
LFS popularity in each country
(41 posts, started )
Yeah Vykos is right there...

[smartassmode on]

If you want to calculate the percentage of people owning a lfs license in dependance of the countries population you just have to multiply the percentage of licensed racer per country with the total number of purchased lfs licenses and divide the result by the total number of people living in this country (number of population )
For Germany it would be: 0.25 (percentage) x X(total number of purchased lfs licenses which I don't know) / 82,424,609 (total number of people living in Germany) and the result is the percentage of the german population which bought a lfs license

[\smartassmode off]

I hope you'll consider this helpful information for finishing your task to rule the world. illepall

have a nice day!

aimbottle

Edit: in the first place i was strongly confused about nearly every second finnish citizen owning a lfs license .
Nitemare's graph is exactly correct shape, just the numbers are meaningless.

Did nobody look at the attachment I posted? That shows estimated percentages. For those too lazy to click it:
Attached images
bleh.png
Quote from Bob Smith :Niki's graph is exactly correct shape, just the numbers are meaningless.

Did nobody look at the attachment I posted? That shows estimated percentages. For those too lazy to click it:

/smartass mode on
It's Nitemare, not Nikimere
/smartass mode off
Quote from Bob Smith :Niki's graph is exactly correct shape, just the numbers are meaningless.

No, it is not right, read my post again, and learn some maths
those numbers i posted of course ARE NOT in PERCENT... as i said it's just a ratio of the two percentages... that does't make it a percentage too.. the number itself means nothing, but the relative margin between values is the same, as if you counted with exact numbers of licences, like bob smith did... (i didn't know an estimated number of licences sold, that's why i didn't count the percentages)

Quote from Vykos69 :And here is your problem: You dont have licensed LFS racers in every country of the world. So the license pie is not comparable to the civilisation pie of the world. You would need to only count the populations of the countries involved for the worlds-pie, so you have the same amount of "pie-pieces" in the LFS-pie and the worlds pie with the same countries on it. But e.g. China: Is there any licensed LFS racer in china? So does it count into the LFS license pie? If not, your whole world pie would change by a huuuuge amount. got the point?

i got the % of licenses sold in the rest of the world... that's 4% in the license pie... to get the population which corresponds with this number you just have to simply make a sum of population of countries in graph and substract it from world's population... so i just count the rest of the world as the one big country for the purpose of this graph...

...i'm pretty sure my math is right

edit: here's the xls for the graph...
edit2: i updated the graph with an estimation of 30 000 licences sold, so now the values are in % of population
Attached images
lfs_countries2.gif
Attached files
lfs_countries.zip - 4.2 KB - 141 views
thanks for clearing this up nitemare, and you are right: Yes, you should be right with your calculation then.
This seems a whole lot more accurate for the US, good idea.
Interesting stats, thanks Nitemare. Makes me wonder why there is such a big disparity between Scandinavia and the rest of the world though. And it also makes me feel a bit sad to know that only about 1000 people in my own country play LFS. Maybe I'll try to boost those numbers a little through word of mouth.

Who said what now...!?
Quote from 96 GTS :/smartass mode on
It's Nitemare, not Nikimere
/smartass mode off

You said nothing Niki I'll admit, I've mixed you guys up plenty of times, at a quick glance, your tags look exactly the same hehe.
Cool, I understand a bit better now.
Thanks for pulling out the data, very interesting. About 4100 LFS licensed users in the US. Pretty lame. Gonna have to work on that some. I need more racers in my time zone
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
Quote from XRRoy :arg, again we are beaten by zeh germans:banghead:

Some things will NEVER change!
Excellent analysis schofei. This proves why US, Japan and other countries would be jackpots for the devs
Quote from farcar :Any graph that shows Australia ahead of the UK is a good graph !

And for New Zealand to be ahead of USA & Canada is equally impressive.

Go the Antipodes !!
The most impressive thing to me is how rich the devs are. Splitting profit only 3 ways must be divine.
Yeah, but you have to remember that they didn't charge for LFS for about 2 years (18 months iirc), so the money they earnt since S1 has to pay of their loans

Unless Mrs. Devs earnt enough to cover their ways...

LFS popularity in each country
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG