The online racing simulator
know your circuits
(212 posts, started )
Here's 4 more, some easy. I've helped you with one.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1 is Mexico City (I think, it's the Mexican GP track in GPL)
3 is Tsukuba
Quote from 96 GTS :1 is Mexico City (I think, it's the Mexican GP track in GPL)
3 is Tsukuba

Yep, and Yep.
2. Dijon Prenois

4. Bagdad City Track?
Quote from Frankmd :2. Dijon Prenois

4. Bagdad City Track?

2. Yep
4. Hehe, close but you're way off
So which street circuit features roundabouts like pic 4? Is it one of the Canadian Indy tracks, like Vancouver or Ozzy street circuits?
Quote from al heeley : Is it one of the Canadian Indy tracks, like Vancouver or Ozzy street circuits?

No
Birmingham?
Quote from TagForce :Birmingham?

Nice one, spot on
here's 3
Attached images
bhf.JPG
bir.JPG
wg.JPG
#87 - JTbo
I think that this is bit too easy, but can't find more challening pic
Attached images
guesstrack.jpg

I hope no one has posted this..
Quote from 96 GTS :here's 3

3. Watkins Glenn
Quote from 96 GTS :here's 3

2. Brainerd IR.

EDIT: And thanks to the filename: 1. Blackhawk Farms (which admittedly I looked up).
Quote from sil3ntwar :

I hope no one has posted this..

I don't think anybody posted a NZ track, no...
I like it's name too... Pukekohe.
Quote from JTbo :I think that this is bit too easy, but can't find more challening pic

Motopark
You know, this makes me think about the circuits we have in LFS right now... compared to most real life ones. All of our circuits are not as flat or smooth as some of the fast/popular circuits, plus there is a lot more room around the track than ours... ours all feel very 'enclosed' (eg trees, hills, walls, on all sides). I know it could be for a sense of speed, but looking at some of the most well known circuits around, most have lots of space with grass and sand... not just enclosed by objects. Hard to explain, but if you look at a few photos of these tracks (I've searched around just to see what some of these are like), they all look very classic and fun to drive, even for their simplicity. Some are small, but have some interesting corners WITH hardly any elevation changes. Those kinds of courses I like too, and to me... it seems most UK tracks don't use many hills... including some others in Europe... like Assen.
Yeah, I love Assen. Just goes to show you don't need elevation changes to make an exciting track.

Although, elevation changes can be very exciting. Corkscrew, Eau Rouge, Flugplatz, etc.
#95 - JTbo
Quote from Hyperactive :Motopark

Yes, you are right
Assen is not really suited for car racing (even though they use it for national series now)... Most of the turns are banked, and there's a lot of banked 'kinks' that makes cars bottom out really bad. The layout is very cool, though. The trackwidth is very small... Just barely enough to allow cars passing, although the new parts are a bit wider.

We'll have to see what the new track will look like without the 'noordlus'.
Here's a course

A cool, not well known course.

EDIT: one more
Attached images
cheat0rs_use_google.jpg
blah.jpg
here's one for ya. i drew in the track layout with wonderful precision. ok, so i suck, but you get the gist of the course.

quote this message in your reply so the answer makes sense rather than just saying, "suzuka" in a lone post. and if anyone quotes this post and THEN says "suzuka" i'll shoot their dog.

speedfreak227
Attached images
who knows this one.JPG
Quote from speedfreak227 :here's one for ya. i drew in the track layout with wonderful precision. ok, so i suck, but you get the gist of the course.

quote this message in your reply so the answer makes sense rather than just saying, "suzuka" in a lone post. and if anyone quotes this post and THEN says "suzuka" i'll shoot their dog.

speedfreak227

Since you are from Canada, and seeing this course attempted in Generally, I think that'd be Vancouver
Quote from Tweaker :Since you are from Canada, and seeing this course attempted in Generally, I think that'd be Vancouver Cool

well, several minutes. not too bad. unlike the track which was pretty crappy for passing but was an INCREDIBLE 3 day event, especially with the lower classes of racing below Champ Cars.

speedfreak227

know your circuits
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG