The online racing simulator
#1 - ajp71
A question about kart sprockets
I'm looking for sprockets and have realized with a 14 tooth engine sprocket kart sprockets will give me an ideal range of ratios (around 5-6 to 1) and should be ideally suited to the application I want to use them for.

I have two questions, firstly I see that 14 tooth kart sprockets are made but I haven't found any for sale in the UK, is there a place where I can get them?

Secondly could someone give me a rough idea of what the bore is likely to be on an engine sprocket (as marked)?
Attached images
sprocket.png
Nobody in the world can tell you the bore from that picture. It could be the world's largest gear or a nanotechnology gear. Put a tape measure beside it. As I remember from my karting days there was only one bore size anyway.

I never saw more than a 12 tooth drive gear also.

Are you racing on a full throttle track? Even on a really fast track I was able to simply change the driven gear on the axle to get the right ratio.

Steve
He might not actually be racing a kart.

And he might not actually have that sprocket, or that sprocket might be a random picture from google.

So I think it's fair to ask what diameter it is, and where to get them from.
#4 - ajp71
Quote from speedfreak227 :Nobody in the world can tell you the bore from that picture. It could be the world's largest gear or a nanotechnology gear. Put a tape measure beside it. As I remember from my karting days there was only one bore size anyway.

That picture is a random picture off ebay, the most common chain size seems to be #35 (which I think is 3/8s). What I'd like to know is roughly how large the bore is so that I can get some idea how easily I could attach it.

Quote from tristancliffe :He might not actually be racing a kart.

Yep it's an electric racing car for little people to drive

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG