The online racing simulator
Joystick or Keyboard?
(5 posts, started )
Joystick or Keyboard?
Hi,

Im new to LFS, and still only have a demo version. Dont really want to buy a license until I have got either a new wheel or a gameport to usb convertor for my current wheel.

My question is : which is better option without a wheel, keyboard or joystick?
Mouse.

Seriously with your Mouse you're able so steer much smoother than with a Joystick or a keyboard.
Given the choice between Keybard and Joystick it would go for the Keyboard, driving with a Joystick just feels weird.
#3 - CSU1
or...if you're that stuck you could > Click
thanks for the responses

Had not really thought about using the mouse to be honest, might give it a try tonight!

Will probably just stick with joystick though as i have used that for other racing games on the PC. Will see how it goes anyway.

Still need plenty of practice before racing online, best lap around Blackwood is still only 1:43 or so
Quote from Highsider9 :Mouse.

Seriously with your Mouse you're able so steer much smoother than with a Joystick or a keyboard.
Given the choice between Keybard and Joystick it would go for the Keyboard, driving with a Joystick just feels weird.

Joystick. You just can't steer smoothly with a joystick because you don't have practice with it. And using a mouse you don't have proportional brakes/throttle, which is a huge part of the equation.

Joystick or Keyboard?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG