The online racing simulator
Diesel prices
(51 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
Diesel prices
Here prices have gone crazy, from bit under 1e/l they have gone to ~1.1e/l (some places almost 1.2e/l) level in one month, that means 35-40e more costs per month for me

Has there been any sudden rise in your place?
in usa every day goes up 1 cent or more than back etc..
UK's diesel/petrol prices go up and down like a yoyo.
Ohio USA Prices

Gas
Lowest
$2.99
Highest
$3.25

Diesel
Lowest
$3.39
Highest
$3.59

They are stedaly rising..they say by next summer gas will be $10 a gallon

And im just now getting my permit...so I will have to get about 5 jobs to pay for a tank of gas..
UK petrol price went over the £1 a litre mark for the first time, today.

Diesel is very expensive, £1.06 my local is selling it for. But it will drop, then rise again as per usual.
Quote from scoobyrbac :

Diesel
Lowest
$3.39
Highest
$3.59

If I did the math right, that would mean about 1.03 US dollars per litre, which is about 0,71€.

That would be ridiculously low over here. Enjoy your almost free gas when you can, would be about time you started to pay for it. Driving all those big fuel hungry hippos too.
I think he is doing it by the Gallon while you are doing it by Litres.
2.5USD for a gallon of Gas over here.
ye in my country is way more expensive than here in usa,about 3$ per liter,and the difference is,there the people are poor..
when its gonna be 10$ ill ride my bike lol
There is a place in my county, and the station is the only one the town. I get driven by it every day and all the prices are AT LEAST 50 cents more than any other place in the county. I'm surprised though, because some idiots still use the expensive station.

Yesterday it was at $3.30 a gallon, a place 3 miles away from the same company was $2.70.
Petrol prices have been pretty steedy here for the last 3-4 months but thats only because of our rapidly rising dollar - if our dollar takes a hit it is going to really hurt it will be a double wamy
Supply and demand I am afraid.

Diesel usage has massively increase (in cars) for a little while now, so they can rake in the money, even though it costs less to produce than petrol.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from scoobyrbac :And im just now getting my permit...so I will have to get about 5 jobs to pay for a tank of gas..

You still pay less for fuel than in the UK, and you pay less for car in the first place, and you pay less for insurance - the fact your fuel going up isn't really a problem is you consider.

Currently it's about 97p a Litre around here, which is $2.03 a Litre for Petrol, or "Gas"
Diesel is currently £1.03 a litre, $2.16 a litre or $9.80 a gallon, and it's rising, god knows how much it will be in 6 months time.
Quote from scoobyrbac :Ohio USA Prices

Gas
Lowest
$2.99
Highest
$3.25

Diesel
Lowest
$3.39
Highest
$3.59

They are stedaly rising..they say by next summer gas will be $10 a gallon

And im just now getting my permit...so I will have to get about 5 jobs to pay for a tank of gas..

Don't even try to complain with that kind of prices. Your price is only 5/6 of ours. And considering the general living standards are somewhat higher than in Taiwan, you pay about 2/3 to 1/2 of what we pay effectively.
Aswell here in Norway the prices has rised.
This is mainy because of the rising price of Diesel, but also becuase the Norwegian governemt desided to rise it some extra too. -.-
So everyone that buyed Diesel cars because it was cheap fuel, your been tricked.
Even at the current prices, £1.03 for diesel and £0.98 for petrol, it still costs me (purely fuel) £0.08 a mile to run a diesel as opposed to £0.12 a mile for an equivelent petrol car.
Quote from The General Lee :I think he is doing it by the Gallon while you are doing it by Litres.

Well WHAT do you think I converted the gallons to????

Did some new maths, and we pay 7.40 US dollars per gallon for fuel. About 5,9 for diesel.
Of course, we should remember that the fuel in Europe should be better, but still, it's ridiculously expensive compared to what the whining Americans pay.

We should spread our democracy on some oil fields too I say.

Quote from danowat :Diesel is currently £1.03 a litre, $2.16 a litre or $9.80 a gallon, and it's rising, god knows how much it will be in 6 months time.

You must have used imperial gallon? Which is silly when you are trying to compare prices.
#19 - mr_x
I don't know how to convert to gallons, but here (North-East England) Diesel is anywhere between £1.02p-£1.05p per litre

Petrol (which my car uses) is currently 99.9p per litre.

Rip-off Britain alert!! We have easily the most expensive petrol in the world, mainly because of the stupid amount of tax we have to pay on it.
Quote from mr_x :

Rip-off Britain alert!! We have easily the most expensive petrol in the world, mainly because of the stupid amount of tax we have to pay on it.

Seems to be rather correct. Your petrol is around 7.80-8.10 US$/gallon (US gallon is 3,785 liters).

Warms my heart finding a country where they pay more. But I guess that is going to get fixed soon.
For each L with petrol we have to pay 2 USD :/
Thats pretty much.
Or, it`s like 11-12 nok each L for petrol. Way too much imo.
Quote from mr_x :Rip-off Britain alert!! We have easily the most expensive petrol in the world, mainly because of the stupid amount of tax we have to pay on it.

Don't go to Tunisia then, £1.17 a litre for petrol.........
#23 - SamH
US Gallon = 3.78 litres.. ours is, I think, 4.465 litres
Quote from Blackout :Seems to be rather correct. Your petrol is around 7.80-8.10 US$/gallon (US gallon is 3,785 liters).

Warms my heart finding a country where they pay more. But I guess that is going to get fixed soon.

Don't bet on it, the price of crude oil went up significantly about 2 days ago... just wait until those price rises hit the world market.
Quote from JamesF1 :Don't bet on it, the price of crude oil went up significantly about 2 days ago... just wait until those price rises hit the world market.

Well, I meant "fixed" to more expensive. You know, we are rather used to paying the most about anything, alcohol, cars etc. so it felt weird to hear someone was paying more for petrol!

Diesel prices
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG