The online racing simulator
Kyoto national rev
(29 posts, started )
Kyoto national rev
I think there is a bug in the 2nd left(slow) turn on this track.I have been spinned lot of times there by going on the ... i dont know its name
here is a pic and i got a replay(5th lap)
And sorry if this was said before.
Attached images
capture_06112007_222442.jpg
Attached files
ky nat rev bug.mpr - 570 KB - 411 views
Curb?
Theres been some topics about those nasty curbes at KY tracks. It seems there is more with them than the eye can see.
#3 - Nobo
I agree that curb can be terrible.
Ohh, that curb is so tricky with FOX I've crashed there several times...
crashed in LX4 at front of race once. took out half the cars.
Don`t forgot how evil it can be with the GTR cars
Don`t know how many times I have used too much curb, and then suddently the car gets a wild spin.
That kerb was helpful in the RB4 though for STCC race, helped pull it thru the corner!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That kerb was helpful in the RB4 though for STCC race, helped pull it thru the corner!

so STCC round 11 is kyoto?
Round 12 was.
Round 11 was FE RallyX.

It's not secret info either, it's available (atleast was) on the STCC website.
Dawe cheated :shhh:
Hugely, you know, all that NOS I had installed on my car, Hannu and Viktor had no chance. I won the race by like 10 laps!... :hide:

Have fun downloading round 11 and round 12, me don't thinks they are up.
Hiding your guilt hu?
Guilt!? I have more pride in those last 2 races, of my own effort, than the entire season. Too bad you'll haffto wait for the broadcasts
Did you finish 2nd last this time?
Damn it! You caught me!
Can we get this sorted in next patch? Curb caught me in a league race while leading, tried to avoid it 54 laps but once is enough. Its Turn 2 i think for kyoto national reverse.
This should be sorted in 5 patches before, together with the ky3 chicane bug and the last & first corners in ky2, so please devs.

FIX THIS
It's not really a bug.

The kerb is not part of the race track. The race track is between the white lines. You should keep four wheels between them at all times, strictly speaking, although the accepted norm in LFS is 2 wheels on the track.

You can see clearly from the picture that the kerb is a couple of inches higher than the green concrete inside it. If you spin there (like I did going the other way in OWRL if you recall Ramon) you have gone over the kerb and have the tyre on the concrete and catching the ridge can spin the car.

Solution - don't cut the track.
I might agree its not a bug, but i dont see any spins like that in real life racing nor do i see tracks where this happens, the curb needs to be fixed if you ask me and it should have been done a long time ago.
Good point.
The thing is, the track has a little camber there so the car goes into its suspension ( dunno the good word but the moment it gets lower ) cuss its a corner with camber you can take it very fast ( compair to same corner without camber ) causing the suspension to go in a lot, car gets very low and if you take it with 1 wheel then you just get mega botteming suddenly and spin. I agree with storm after spinning twice you should now its not possible how you wanto take it and just dont cut it there
I dont think it has anything to do with botteming out, its simply a inner wheel getting stuck behind the too high ridge and it pulls the car into a spin.
well we can duscus on and on about this,

just dont cut it

Kyoto national rev
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG