The online racing simulator
Random disconnects problem
(6 posts, started )
Hi,

very frustrating, but LFS, in its current version, drops me out of the race every now and then ("Connection to server lost" or so). Sometimes I can finish a 2 hour race without problems, but every third race or so it happens. Needless to say that with that behavior of the game, it is no fun to continue online racing in leagues.

I spent some time to debug the problem (since I dont read much of this in the forums). My internet connection is rock stable in other games, and also was stable while the disconnects happened (I wasnt booted out of teamspeak). I dont use WLAN, and tried with 3 different network adapters.

In the past (read:last year) LFS was very stable for me, too. So either some network changes of my provider happened, or its has something to do with changes to the games network code. With the german telecom being my provider, and no problems in other games, an unlucky combination might also be involved.

My OS is Windows 2000, no firewalls on the PC, Router is a Fritz Box 7170, also a very popular choice.

If there is anything I could try I would be really happy to know. Otherwise, my suggestion would be that the netcode is made a bit more stable in one of the next releases.

Thanks,

Atalan
I am having similar problems here. For me I have noticed it depends on how many people are on the server... so if the server has like 15 or more people online, my chances of disconnects are greater. A server filled fully will have me disconnected in about 2 minutes or so. Pretty unstable. (Not good, especially since I admin the large endurance races for MoE, and now can't do it anymore)

I have not changed any settings or anything either, and all other games don't have these problems either. Very frustrating, and I don't know what to try. I wish I could have some really indepth debugging or something, so I can watch what is happening via my router or any other kind of activity.

I'd like to think it is the latest X version of LFS, because earlier versions were never like this, but not many people have this issue as far as I can see, and I may be a bit irrational thinking LFS is to blame. However, I do believe that LFS is very poor in handling disconnects or people with a tiny bit of packet loss --- It isn't very good in keeping people connected.
Trust me there are others with this problem
This happens to me all the time. I have talked to lots of different people who this is happening too and no one so far has had a solution. Hope you find on and share.
Well i have this problem too, for about 3 months now, i cannot hold connection when there are more than 7-10 ppl on and it takes long time to connect to master server. I have complained to my ISP, but no solution has been found, now i have a new router, they put me on another swich but no luck.

Is it possible that this happening after the newest patch.....im not sure.

One thing, this is much worse when lfs lapper is on servers.
Well, just to tell you that not everyone is experiencing that problem - i´m one of those Still i can at least confirm Toddshooter´s timeouts all day long, whereever i see him, i´m sure he´ll have to reconnect sooner or later

/me is running a 4-5year old PC with still the first WXP installation, but i have no clue if it would make a difference running W2000.
Might have my solution
I complained to my ISP for so long they checked my line all was good, I replaced all cabling in the house still had problem, finally replaced the old Modem they had given me and now all is going good. I've had two days of dissconnect free racing!!! I'll let you know if it continues.

SOLVED: My modem/Router was the problem replaced it and all is well!!!!!! Hope you all get yours fixed too.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG