The online racing simulator
Hi hi :) Im new have a few questions.....
ok well ... I downloaded LFS last night Im buying a voucher to upgrade soon theres a few things i wanna know ... Im more of a PS2 person and i do love PC games right now heres my setup. AMD Athlon XP 2200 , Geforce FX 5200 128mb , 1gig of PC 2700 ram and a 400 W enermax PS and a MSI KT4V mobo. got 6 fans and 1 dual PCI fan under the vid card to keep it cool " not like the fx 5200 needs it but hey a cooler vid card is a faster vid card but yeah seems to play LFS no prob. and btw... If Gran Turismo ... could take the physics in this game and combine it to the gameplay .. my god .... that would be outrageous... GT4 is " ok " with the way cars respond but nowhere near LFS just like to thank those ppl at LFS that quote : " its about time there was a game as nice as this " absolutly nothing compares at all ... but anyways lol sorry for rambling just cant get enough of this game ... my question is ... theres somethin i want... and since i have NFS MW and now a soon upgraded LFS 2 , I Just wanna know " dont worry i tried the search option on the forums :P " couldnt find anything .. i just was wondering if any of you LFS'ers " im sure some of you do " have a PC steering wheel , that has a full clutch and shifter system... if not " which thats what i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want " but if not whats the best one out there with atleast gas/brake and a shifter ? i just wanna know the LFS pro's choices , thanks

Best Regards.

Justin
#2 - Gunn
There are some nice topics about controllers in the hardware section. That would be a good place to start. Finishing your sentences and getting to the point may help you to attract favourable responses.
Oh. My. God.
Please learn to structure your sentence(s), right now it's a pain the the butt to read your... text.

Anyways, yes, if you're already going to buy LFS you absolutely have to buy a wheel too. I mean, you can get good with keyboard/mouse, but the real satisfaction and the real feel only comes with a steering wheel (preferably with force feedback).

Now, wether to get a full blown wheel with clutch and H-shifter is mainly up to you and how much $$$ you want to spend. Personally, I have a Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel, with just two paddles for shifting and gas/brake. I guess it makes driving kinda easier if you don't have to concentrate on the clutchwork, but it also makes it less immersive.

Whatever you do, any wheel is better than no wheel.
heh sorry about that, its just im amazed in this game was looking around on the net for some. ones im mainly looking for is 1. Has a shifter 2. Does full 360 or 900 degree angles " full rotation " 3 Force Feed back. and 4. a Clutch is optional but not manditory. and of course 5. not somethin thats gonna break fast. there made this one smaller :P
I guess a Logitech Driving Force Pro is your best choice then. It has 900° rotation
But be warned, more rotation doesn't make racing easier...
Quote from AndroidXP :I guess a Logitech Driving Force Pro is your best choice then. It has 900° rotation
But be warned, more rotation doesn't make racing easier...

well as long as its as real as the game allows heh as far as ive noticed the drivers hands rotate allmost a 900 degree rotation. so the more realistic the game is gonna be the more realistic and " sensitive " the wheel im gonna want. Unless you think just your general 90degree wheel would suit ?
Momo Force/Momo Racing have 250degrees of rotation. These are good, especially in the race cars.

The DFP has 900 degrees, but can be easily configured to work at any value less than that as required. It's very adaptable, and very good, but it doesn't have proper paddles.

The Wingman Formula Force has just 180 degrees and is rubbish (imo)

I can't think of a wheel with just 90 degrees of rotation, but it'd be best avoided.
Quote from tristancliffe :Momo Force/Momo Racing have 250degrees of rotation. These are good, especially in the race cars.

The DFP has 900 degrees, but can be easily configured to work at any value less than that as required. It's very adaptable, and very good, but it doesn't have proper paddles.

The Wingman Formula Force has just 180 degrees and is rubbish (imo)

I can't think of a wheel with just 90 degrees of rotation, but it'd be best avoided.

By saying DFP you mean the Driving force pro shown here ?
http://www.logitech.com/index. ... ,CRID=2250,CONTENTID=7226
the one shown there says its for PS2 I also took a look at the momo force it looks really nice and as far as the wingman it said that its the momo's little brother more or less. heh i just want decent force feedback a shifter and gas/break etc and " maybe " a clutch but as far as the momo one .. i guess its really really hard to find and all the sites I looked at were UK im in the US they said it used to retail for around 300$ now its around 100 or less thats " if " you happen to find it tho.
I think most cars in LFS have 720° rotation, the GTR ones 540° and the MRT 270°.

And yeah, the DFP is for the PS2 originally, but it also works on PC. Just hope you het revision B pedals. The A ones have plastic pots which tend to brake very quickly. Unfortunately there's no way to find out which revision you get before buying, so you can only hope for the best.
Well about those 3 wheels for me the best wheel is the momo force, but is not manufactured anymore and you cant find it in a store, but try ebay or something.

Momo Racing is a good wheel but it have some problems with the pedals, DFP also have some problems with the pedals but is better, it also have the 900º thing that is quite fun for some drift but for sim racing it does not have to much interest.

Currently momo is cheaper than DFP.. so its your choise both are good wheels

btw welcome, hope you´ll enjoy the game
Quote from Neokiller :Well about those 3 wheels for me the best wheel is the momo force, but is not manufactured anymore and you cant find it in a store, but try ebay or something.

Momo Racing is a good wheel but it have some problems with the pedals, DFP also have some problems with the pedals but is better, it also have the 900º thing that is quite fun for some drift but for sim racing it does not have to much interest.

Currently momo is cheaper than DFP.. so its your choise both are good wheels

btw welcome, hope you´ll enjoy the game

http://www.pricegrabber.com/ra ... uct_id=2266931/id_type=M/
Im gonna grab that one... thing im wondering is.. do i need special drivers for the PC since it was made for PS2 ? or is it just a plug n play kinda thing ? :/
Quote from kel64 :You get basic operation by just plugging it in, but its highly recommended to install the drivers available here...

http://www.wingmanteam.com/

It gives you all the options you need.

Hehe thanks such a helpful group here at LFSforum nice to know i will soon have a 2nd home to come to hehe you guys seem like family here so its all good.Thanks for the utterly fast responses I appreciate it. I havent " Purchased the wheel yet " so any of you that wanna toss your wheel brand name etc in here i will search for it and give it a look. thanks again guys , your great.

Justin
DFP is a great wheel
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
check out the link in my sig. welcome to lfs
Its a very good idea to get the DFP. Ive had mine for about a year, still works perfect. The pedals broke though, so i got new ones. I suggest you start saving up money, cause if you want some nice pedals you will need alot of dough
A bit off topic but I can't understand why Logitech sells DFP only as a PS2 wheel. Maybe it's just a marketing thing for the GT4 and PS2 but why they don't even officially support it for the PC?

And welcome CRXFREAK001. It's not that usual to get PS2/GT4 fans to like LFS.
Quote from deggis :A bit off topic but I can't understand why Logitech sells DFP only as a PS2 wheel. Maybe it's just a marketing thing for the GT4 and PS2 but why they don't even officially support it for the PC?

And welcome CRXFREAK001. It's not that usual to get PS2/GT4 fans to like LFS.

well i like Realism and i love cars put those together you got GT4 and LFS now GT4 is decently real as a sim but nowhere near the Physics of LFS and thats where the true reason why LFS is a better sim hehe i love both.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
sorry to rock the boat but...

Im a PS2 user and for £10 bought an adapter to use my PS2 controller on my PC. With a little time setting it up im loving the game and keeping up with the big boys (just).

PS. Yeah, this game is the best.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG