The online racing simulator
Longest period without sleep
(44 posts, started )
Thai Gnoc, born 1942, has been awake for 33 years or 11,700 nights, according to Vietnamese news organization Thanh Nien. It was said that Ngoc acquired the ability to go without sleep after a bout of fever in 1973, but other reports indicate he stopped sleeping in 1976 with no known trigger. At the time of the Thanh Nien report, Ngoc suffered from no apparent ill effect (other than a minor decline in liver function), was mentally sound and could carry 100 kg of pig feed down a 4 km road, but another report indicates that he was healthy before the sleepless episode but that now he was not feeling well because of the lack of sleep.
33 years without sleep and without internet must be pretty damn boring in Vietnam...

Most I've done is 3 days working on a Archi project...Slept for 20 hours straight after that!
Wow dude that must be weird...the most I've ever gone was four days, and it was NOT pretty. I had many side effects, and on the fourth day I could hardly speak proper english.
~Bryan~
my personal best is 72 hours on a lan party!
hmm...My record is around 4-5 days
Wow, this man makes good use of his life. We spend about 30 years sleeping in our lifes, so this man will live 30 years more than we
BTW, if he is going to sleep some day, he will pass a lot of years sleeping
#7 - amp88
That is the worst-sourced 'news' story I've ever heard. "One source says this and another says something totally different on two separate things. The only thing they agree on is his name".
haywire from prison break cant sleep
Quote from zeugnimod :Why are you doing that? That's crazy.

My "record" is probably 20 hours or something.

Hehe I'm not doing it for fun actually...it's more a question of meeting deadlines...

I love sleeping!
Quote from Paranoid Android :

I love sleeping!

Especially if you do it with a partner

My personal record would be about 3 days of staying awake. Nothing special, I think
mines about...2 and a half weeks suring the summer...on PC constantly, inet bill was HUGE!
Quote from scoobyrbac :mines about...2 and a half weeks suring the summer...on PC constantly, inet bill was HUGE!

Well that pretty damn amazing since the Guiness record is 11 days...
Yeah, I think a few of you guys are embellishing the truth a bit.

Anyway, 33 years without sleep sounds impossible. The previous WR guy (not sure who has it now) was totally out of it by the end of his attempt, thinking road signs were people and hallucinating that he was a ledendary football champion. That was about a week or so without sleep.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Hehe I'm not doing it for fun actually...it's more a question of meeting deadlines...

That's why I didn't quote you.

You had a reason. No, I don't see a LAN-party as a reason to stay awake for 3 days.
Maybe the guy just sleeps with his eyes open fooling everyone.
Lack of sleep should eventually kill you, or that's what I have read.
Quote from zeugnimod :Why are you doing that? That's crazy.

low on money + deadlines at work = 4 days straight of video editing

Edit: I work as a video editor for local TV channel, don't think that I had no money, and boss wanted me to work so I went home and made a LFS movie =)
Ok, I accept that reason.
My best/worst was Christmas 2005 when I worked for 52 hours straight in front of a computer (graphic design). End result wasn't pretty - and I'm talking about myself. In hindsight I can't understand why I thought it was normal to do insane hours and ruin my mental and physical health.
My 2 and a half weeks was from playing FPS games, And I played 52 games and completely beat them all...And me doing that made me think about what i want to be after highschool...Computer & Gaming Design.
Quote from scoobyrbac :My 2 and a half weeks was from playing FPS games, And I played 52 games and completely beat them all...And me doing that made me think about what i want to be after highschool...Computer & Gaming Design.

Damn, that's scarry.. are you proud of yourself because of that?
I mean, that's easily the number one place for a "best geek in the world" competition... man.. but i seriously doubt in what you're saying, it seems that this is a competition or something... The longest i managed was about 50 hours and even after that, you begin to practicaly halucinate things and your reactions are way slow..
#23 - aoun
Apparently, if you stay awake no matter what, your body just breaks down and you pretty much die. They say its a week max, but after looking at everyones longest period, maybe it varys from person to person.

But 33 years WTF? lol thats nuts

My longest is 3 days, which involved no LFS, no MSN, no net..

Edit: I just read Blackouts post, saying what i said, sorry mate lol
My longest was like 4 days,and the my longest sleeping was like 1 day lol
#25 - SamH
I never sleep, these days. If I sit still for 10 mins, I just go into Standby.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG