The online racing simulator
Opinions wanted: FZ5 air vents
(28 posts, started )
Not the voting kind, though.
Does anyone else find it odd for an RR like the FZ5 not to have any vents in the rear half of the bodywork?
Probably skims the limits of PC to ask for revisions from the devs on one of their finished pieces, but I think it'd look better with em.
ahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahou (screaming out of control)
Bwwaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh :faint:
Quote from FPVaaron :ahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahouahou (screaming out of control)

Quote from spankmeyer :Bwwaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh :faint:

Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes: I don't find it odd that vents are missing because they aren't really needed with a properly functioning cooling system.
Quote from Scirocco :Absolutely brilliant. :rolleyes: I don't find it odd that vents are missing because they aren't really needed with a properly functioning cooling system.

But... where would the air come in, and where would the air go out? The engine technically is in a hotbox without any proper cooling.

Only possible way I can think of for air to come in is from the front of the car and along the sides/rails under the doors. But that is absurd anyways... the car still needs vents on the rear deck, and/or some inlets on the side somewhere.

PLUS, in my opinion, details like vents and other things on the cars is highly needed. These cars we have are lacking in exterior bodywork detail, they look too simple and unrealistic honestly. They could have loads more work done to them to make them look believable. They could use:

-Door lines,
-Bumper 'piece' bodylines (fz5 has none on front end, there is no way it would have one big piece for the front end like that)
-Trunk latches
-Detailed license plate
-More inlets for various cars
-Better headlamp detail

etc
Air for what? If you mean for the radiators, the mid/rear engined vehicles that I'm familiar with have the radiators up front.
Still the engine could be watercooled, but it is still not a good idea for any car to have no hole for expelling hot air, right?

And nearly all front radiator cooled cars at least have some form of hot air release at the rear of the car. FZ doesn't.
LOL @ 2nd and 3rd posts, that's random.

I think this thread needs a better topic
Quote from Scirocco :Air for what? If you mean for the radiators, the mid/rear engined vehicles that I'm familiar with have the radiators up front.

Err, what about the air intake?? You know that bit that sucks air into the engine to mix with and burn the fuel, right? It would be stupid to have that at the front when the engines in the rear. It's even more stupid to have the air intake in the rear engine bay with no vents to feed it cooler outside air (or let the hot air escape at least)... a well placed air intake vent in a car can feed loads of air into the engine at speed - thats a good thing. Just like people, engines need to breath decent air - imagine breathing in very very hot air all the time - no thanks.

I think its very odd the FZ has no inlets/outlet vents... actually I was thinking about this the other day too

I agree with Tweak. If realism is LFS goal, then it needs detail to be convincing.

Here's some screenies to show where a Porsche (which is a rear engine car) has vents.

Side air intake on a 911 Turbo.

http://www.ukcar.com/road_test ... -911-turbo-air-intake.jpg

911 Carrera. Has no side air intake vents, but does have this vent above the engine.

http://www.canadianautoreview.com/911carrera-%20rear2.jpg

http://images.automotive.com/c ... 05_Porsche_911_S_rear.jpg
That's what I meant.
Gallardo, 911, Ferraris, Alpine 110 didn't have any, Elise does, and plenty of others, so it's really not a strange idea.
Gee... I thought the FZ... well the FZR... already had intakes on the sides of the car at the beginnning of the rear fenders, right past the doors
( rear quarterpanels)

Uhh I dunno, maybe skinners could make louvers on the trunk? uhhh. what I meant was vents on the rear door/bonnet cover that covers the engine
( do that make sense?)
I am working on a skin for the "plain ol" FZ50. one of my reference photos shows a 911 with a verymuch aftermarket bonnet. that rear bonnet has almost as many louvers (*vents) as what is on the hood of many Model T street rod hoods
I dunno thinkin of the the workload of the devs and the talent level of the skinnners - this is really a non issue.
Besides, how often do you see anyone using a fz50 in LFS? Is
this REALLY that much of a big deal to go off about?
I see the FZ5 used regularly when it's available.

It was just a question. Since I'm not an automotive encyclopedia, I thought I'd put the idea to the test by posting it in this forum.

As to whether the devs'd actually add vents now, I doubt it, not unless a majority of players wanted it and a negligible portion (if there is such a thing) were opposed, and the devs also didn't mind going back on something they'd already finished and published.
It's tedious to have to go back to old stuff you've already done and moved on from when there's still lots of work yet to be started on.

It was really just a curious question, not a bait to provoke anyone.
imho this is the least needed improvement for LFS at the moment illepall
#15 - tpa
The Turbo version of the FZ50 will have air intakes on the sides
Quote from Tweaker :PLUS, in my opinion, details like vents and other things on the cars is highly needed. These cars we have are lacking in exterior bodywork detail, they look too simple and unrealistic honestly. They could have loads more work done to them to make them look believable.

I think that too, I love LFS as it is, and the racing is just perfect, but after 2 hours of GT Legends racing, LFS cars look strange. Not bad, but rather simple.
Quote from ZeroDexter :imho this is the least needed improvement for LFS at the moment

True, I put physics accuracy over visuals, but that not means they aren't important.
Quote from Eldanor :True, I put physics accuracy over visuals, but that not means they aren't important.

well ok but there's even a lot more important graphics stuff that needs improvement, apart from the physics stuff and the sound stuff and the .. oh well... sorry, it's just that when I first read the thread I was like '....... eh? we're in alpha stage of one of the best sims that's made by independent developers and he complains about the air vents on one of the cars...?'. just sounded.... odd....

(btw i don't think the devs 'forgot' to do them, neither do i think they don't know what cars look like )
i agree that fz50 should have some engine vents... every rear/mid engined car has some, even very low-performance ones... (older skodas or fiats for example )

Quote from ZeroDexter :imho this is the least needed improvement for LFS at the moment illepall

..but the simplest one to make...
on the other hand, updating mesh will make the patch uncompatible with previous releases, so the update would have to wait until some change to physics is made anyway...
netpolice
Quote from ZeroDexter :complains

It's not a complaint, it's an inquiry as to what other players think of the idea.
Quote from geeman1 :I guess that guy has 2 fake engines too (one in the front and one in the back)

The back ones would be to cool the rear brakes. But in reality, it is just an attempt at remenicient (sp?) of the original Mustang design with the C shaped fender scoop.
lol, you guys know we went through all this already ? It was before
the car was even available and from the pics many people noticed
small errors like this. So, did Eric ever fix that rear wiper ? :P
I didn't know that, thanks FB.
Quote from Breizh :It's not a complaint, it's an inquiry as to what other players think of the idea.

sorry for that

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG