The online racing simulator
NISSAN GT_R - Nurburgring
(15 posts, started )
Quote :The Nissan GT-R has blitzed the Nürbürgring setting one of the fastest EVER lap times by a production car.
The Japanese supercar lapped the legendary 13.6 mile racetrack in just seven minutes 38 seconds – beating the £830,000 Bugatti Veyron by two seconds.

Also has a youtube clip of the car doing the lap - always nice for any Nurb lover!!!!!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/ED ... r_page_content/37243.html
Awesome. Nissan did a good job
WOW. I'm surprised the Veyron is that slow though even more.
Quote from BenjiMC :WOW. I'm surprised the Veyron is that slow though even more.

Veyron wasnt made to go around corners.
Veyron is an awesome creation though
#6 - TiJay
The GTR looks like a hell of a car but I'm not sure why Nissan chose to split the Skyline into two totally different cars after the R34- it's spiritual succesor is the supercar Nissan GT-R but the direct brand succesor is the Infiniti G35 (an average crappy sedan).

Random fact: Polyphony Digital (of GT fame) designed the in-dash display thingy for the new GT-R and will release the car as a download for GT5 on the day the real car is released.
#7 - amp88
They used cut slicks according to the comments on youtube. Still impressive but just creeping under 8 minutes on normal road tyres isn't really great news.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Veyron wasnt made to go around corners.

According to Clarkson's review on TG last year it was. However i understand it does weigh a few tonnes.
A 16 Stone brute rugby player may be able to run fast, but the agile 11 stone guy will nearly always turn sharper.

The new GTR looks awesome, great performance figures too. Sub-4 second 0-60, will definatly rival the 911's.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from BenjiMC :According to Clarkson's review on TG last year it was. However i understand it does weigh a few tonnes.

The Veyron is a GT car, it just happens to have such a rediculously large engine that round a track it does quite well - it might handle well, but it wont handle as well as an Exige or similar, because it's not meant for that.

It's meant to compete with stuff like the SLR, not the Carrera GT.
#11 - JCTK
Quote from BenjiMC :According to Clarkson's review on TG last year it was. However i understand it does weigh a few tonnes.

I can safely bet he's refering to how the car feels round the corners rather than the actual speed it can carry through the corners...
Bad hotlap lol, could've been at least 3secs faster.
Cut slicks for the loose though. At least +8secs with normal (factory) tyres. Fast car none the less, but damn is it HEAVY with 1700+ kg's.
No matter how fast it is, you feel that weight.
gtr and the bugatti both get pwned by a standard yamaha r1 according to the times on that link
Quote from andybarsblade :gtr and the bugatti both get pwned by a standard yamaha r1 according to the times on that link

The R1 is a rocket of a bike though, especially with a nutter on the back! Remember how much less a bike weighs than both of those cars, handling is important on the 'ring.
Think about it. The Nissan is cheaper than £830.000 which car are you more likely to drive REALLY fast in corners? yep, the Nissan

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG