The online racing simulator
Redline Race Control Pedal review

Review Of The Redline Race Control Pedals

First off, sorry about the quality of the pictures, the only means of pics was from my mobile.

The Packaging:

As you can see from the picture, it comes in a rather attractive cardboard box, good idea I think as it saves costs and time.

Inside was this, again well rapped and taped to make sure it gets here safely. Another job for the scissors. They are also very lightweight and compacted to keep the postage costs down.

In the rapping is this:

3 extra springs free. So if you ever snap one, you can replace them and not have to get 1 shipped all the way from New Zealand and pay all the diffrent costs invovled.

The game port plug that is used by the pedals. There is a choice before you buy, weather you want the games port plug or USB. My advice would be to go for the Usb as the game port can be a bit jumpy at times. But if you do decide to go for the game port connection and later decide you want to go to USB, you can always purchase a gameport to USB adapter.

Another added extra is the amount of cable that comes with the pedals which is a big bonus if you wish to use them in a cockpit away from your computer.

Here are the pedals all set-up. To set them up is not hard at all, just a matter of flipping down two support legs, screw them up and plug it in. There is also 2 holes for the legs for different angles which are down to you personal preference.

How the pedals feel under the foot:
They feel nice and solid and reassurance of pedals that could last without having to keep on buying replacements. The throttle and clutch pedal has a nice smooth travel with a nice amount of resistence. The brake pedal feels great under foot, especially when you get to the spring, that’s when you can really get your braking perfect.

Pros
Nice Solid feel
Easy to setup
A solid back plate that will take any pressure you put on it.
Nigel Nichols is a great bloke that makes them and offers a lot of support.
Cons
The brake spring takes quite a bit of effort to get to the max point
A bit loud when you get carried away with all the metal hitting metal

Overall I would give it a 9 out of 10. The whole system feels great and works very well. Very well made

Everything about the pedals and the ‘maker’ can be found here:
http://www.wave.co.nz/~lakewood/Redline2.htm
What! No video!!

Please, even a short one will do

How's the precision compared to your old ones? Worth the money?
Quote from Hyperactive :What! No video!!

Please, even a short one will do

I will have a go in the morning to see what I can do

Quote from Hyperactive :How's the precision compared to your old ones? Worth the money?

My old pedals was my Driving Force Pro. As alot of you know, the only way to get some real precision on the brake pedal was to use a squash ball.
Well since the brake pedal on my new pedals has a nice big spring about 1/4 of the way down the travel, you can be alot more precise.

The other thing that makes them better is they are top hinged, just like a cars pedals, and it really does make it feel more realistic.

In my Opinion I think they were worth every penny of my money.

Another thing I forgot to mention was the ability to adjust the travel of the pedals if you know what your doing with all the screws you can do up or un-do to your taste, but if you do it, then dont do it to much or you could risk over stroking the pots.
Is it just me, or cannot I find a price
From their site:

RRC "Touring/Stockcar "
3 pedal unit
$475.00 NZ (About $330 US)

The RRC "Formula 1"
2 pedal unit
$426.00 NZ

International shipping to the US costs $65.00 NZ.

edit: They use the gameport, not USB. An adapter will cost you another $23 through them.
£220 in total (inc shipping, P&P etc)

Cue-Ball, you got the option of 2 pots. 1 for the Usb or the pot for the gamesport. You get the choice
From their webpage:
"
Any RRC unit can be ordered with either 100k or 250K ohm pots depending on you setup. If you are plugging the RRC unit directly into your joystick/games port you will need 100k pots. However if you are using the Rockfire USB adapter I recommended ordering the RRC unit with 250k pots. Bare in mind also that the pots are interchangable without any modification to the wiring."
and:

"There is no price difference between the 100k or 250k pots. They are also identical physically so should the 100k be fitted at assembly time and you decide later to go the USB Rockfire/250k way they can simply be swapped out. All that will be required is soldering."

They make no mention of being able to order the unit with USB instead of game port support. It appears that all units are made with the game port connector and then the pots are changed out if you choose to use the USB adapter (which is made by another company, Rockport).
and the LFS thread bump award goes to...
image links dont work
that's because they're nearly 3 years old and have not been renewed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG