The online racing simulator
Side Views
(19 posts, started )
Side Views
Hi evryone ,

well , i dont know if it's been discussed before, i was just wondering if we can look at the sides (from a cockpit view) with a 45° angle view only, instead of a 90°.. like in those F1 series or GTR for instence..

any advice or ideas of how to tweak this in some files are appriciated !

Thx,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
maybee a two stage system, i personally don't mind having more than two look buttons, being able to glance quickly with one button and have a more serious look with another, be nice to make it more usable (you never know you might even get more people aware that you're about to pass them, instead of the classic 'sorry i didn't see you' even though you're way past they're (blind side) door
Or a progressive / analogue look system that would allow the new Thrustmaster wheel to use it's extra axes.
-
so , we definatly cant have a 45° looking angle, can we ?
IMO 90° angle is waay better and useful than 45° that most the sims use. It annoyes me e.g. in GT Legends.
This has been brought up before... being able to set the left/right/rear turn values from something other than 90/180 degrees would indeed be useful. Something like 60/120 by default would be much better I think.
#7 - Gunn
If a glance is all you need, a light tap on the button will produce less than a 90 degree head turn.
Quote from Gunn :If a glance is all you need, a light tap on the button will produce less than a 90 degree head turn.

Yes but some people use the "quick look", so the view is changed instantly. (like me).
#9 - bbman
Or me... There's simply no time to wait till the head goes all the way to 90°... You're missing valuable braking points, apexes and so on... Because if you have to look for an opponent passing you, it'll hardly be on a long straight...
it's a pity we cant mod that cos i really need a 45° view to look when passing and keep the car straight if u know what i mean...otherwise with a 90° u just cant see anythin in front of you, especially if u hold it there for 2 or 3 sec lookin at a car passin ya for example... i hope u get what im tryin to point out..

by the wayn, are you sure there's no tweak that can be done in file or somethin ? like changing a value somewhere...

Quote :Or me... There's simply no time to wait till the head goes all the way to 90°... You're missing valuable braking points, apexes and so on... Because if you have to look for an opponent passing you, it'll hardly be on a long straight...

exactly ! our posts just crossed u were quicker though hehe
Why the heck do you want to look at the side more then 3 seconds? Have you ever seen a racer from F1 look at the side more than 2 seconds?
-
I find using the look buttons quite intuitive, but i keep the settings on 'slow' so i keep orientation better. i'll often tap a button severaly times to get a constant idea of what the other guy is doing but also seeing whats infront of me. it's just a case of picking when and where too look. for me it's mainly the transitions between straight and corner etc, that i try to avoid using them, but mid-corner is OK as long as the car is settled. it does often let you know when something stupid is just about to happen
#13 - axus
Indeed - a very nice idea. I guess you could run different values for different cars. That would be nice too
i hope we'll be "heard"...
Quote from Lible :Why the heck do you want to look at the side more then 3 seconds? Have you ever seen a racer from F1 look at the side more than 2 seconds?

i dont drive F1's...but road cars only..so i can look 2 or 3 second at the side to see what the other is doin ...
I don't think the rear view using the both look buttons is that useful when you have 2 rear mirrors in car. Maybe make it that one button pressed it looks at 50-60degrees and when both are pressed it looks at 100-120degrees. For me the "smoother look-mode" is just too slow, especially if you need to check your side in the middle of corner

OT:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Sometimes when I look I find he's looking back at me, and then it becomes a game of "chicken"

Don't look behind
Quote from thisnameistaken :Sometimes when I look I find he's looking back at me, and then it becomes a game of "chicken"

Haha, i love doing this! Happens alot in the UF1, which is great fun going down the straights. Most of the time we are lucky enough not to crash
Quote from Hyperactive :Don't look behind

You could use a second analogue Gamepad controller and attach it to your wheel. With the additional axes, you could map one of them (rotation) to look around. With the standard calibration, you have 360° look angle, but this is tweakable with DXTweak. Funny thing is, if you map X and Y axis to the second controller, the buttons won't work anymore, but if you just map the sideways direction, they still work.

Side Views
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG