The online racing simulator
Team-Server Stress Test at 18 UTC on 23rd of October
Hi community,

I post this here because I need the attention of as much people as I can get. It also is no hosting problem, so I think it's ok to not post it in the subforum for hosts. If not, moderators can move this thread ...

As some of you out there might know, my team (Hell on Tyres, °HoT) and a few others are part of the "German Gamers Club" (GGC), where we have currently 3 LFS-Servers running.

However, these servers recently moved to a new machine (along with game servers of other racing games which I don't play) and we would like to know about the performance of the new machine/provider.

Therefore we plan a server stress test tomorrow, 23rd of October 2007 at 18 UTC (20 Uhr / 8 p.m. german time).

I and the whole German Gamers Club would really appreciate any help from you people out there. Just come along, join our servers and drive a few laps (or as long as you like!). If enough people join within a short time frame, the test won't take long.

The names of the servers are:

GGC...Event
GGC...Sprint
GGC...Race

You can post combo's you would like to drive in this thread and I will set the servers up as best as I can (depends on how many combos will be mentioned how often ...).

I thank all of you that will support this test in advance!

Kind regards,

°HoT HorsePower
As I feared, no resonance.

Well, if anyone reads this post, join our servers for a moment if you like.

The combos are:

GGC...Event: FOX @ BL1 (7 laps, no pit)
GGC...Sprint: FZR @ AS7R (Aston north rev, 4 laps, no pit)
GGC...Race: XFR @ Westhill (5 laps, no pit)

Kind regards,

HorsePower
#3 - ajp71
If you want stress testing would it be better to get everyone to pile into one server?
A one-off event might be a good idea
how about hosting combos what people rarely drive?
like:
LFR, LX4 +RB4 and XRT, UFR only, RAC, only MRT on road track. FZ50 on rallyX
Thank you for your ideas.

I know this announcement came a bit short before the date, but since we have also teams from other racing games in our club, we needed to get it done yesterday (since they had a racing event right then).

However, I didn't really expect to get our 3 servers full, since there are so few licensed racers out there on a normal evening and the server capacity is quite big after that last patch.

All-in-all, we indeed got one server filled properly and the machine performed well. From our admins I know that they love the fact, that the LFS game servers are so well programmed.

So thank you all who joined!

Regards,

HorsePower.

PS: I guess currently we could have one LFS server for each licensed racer every evening. It's amazing how the number of game server increased ...

PPS: Sure we are interested in running interesting combos. Suggestions are always welcome. Normally, we run the OLFSL combo and another combo which we have as internal event in our club. The default for our servers is FOX @ Blackwood.

I think, the main problem is, that racers (understandably) join servers that are already populated. So if you want your own server to get used, you would have to join it and wait for someone to come over. I think we have to focus more on that in our club in the near future.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG