The online racing simulator
S1 License and servers?
(16 posts, started )
S1 License and servers?
I'm an oldie but a newbie. Obviously. I'm S1 licensed.

I am just recently getting back into the game, and I LOOOOVE the MRT. Autocross + MRT = heaven. However, when it comes to playing online, I only see *ONE* S1 server. ONE!!! Is that it, really?!

I will definitely be upgrading to S2 as soon as I can afford it - I know, it's cheap. I have a job that pays well. But I'm also saving money for my wedding, so S2 might have to wait for Christmas as a gift from the fiancee.

Until then, am I really stuck playing on demo servers because there is only one S1 server, and I can't touch the S2 servers? I might just stick with single player MRT and wait until I can get S2 and find a league that has MRT races, and not bother with demo servers because they're too annoying and I don't have the patience to look for a decent one.
This has been discussed many times. Do some research.

But in short:

There are more than one S1 server, my guess is that there are at least five dedicated S1 servers.

S2 licensed racers can see S1 servers in the server list and join them without checking the S1 mode button, but S1 licensed racers can not join servers in S2 mode (even if they're running S1 content). This is because LFS does not automatically detect S1 content-the server admin manually has to set the server to S1 mode if he or she would like S1 licenced racers to be able to connect.

Maybe this will change in the future.
Thanks for replying, guys. I have done some research, actually, but the posts were quite old and I just wanted to see if there was anything new on this.

I think League of the Americas has MRT racing, but their "season" just ended and I don't think they'll be doing another one (at least any time soon), and they require S2 as well.

As for the S1 servers, I did notice there were about 5-6, but they were all empty except one. And none of them allow MRTs. Argh!

S2 can't come soon enough!
#4 - Jakg
Without echo'ing what everyone else has said - While S2 rocks, and has about 60 servers active all the time, if the MRT is your one love you might be dissapointed, as it's not often used.
Geez, if that's the case, I'll just start my own MRT league eventually. Why the lack of MRT fans?
Why is the sky blue (Ok, I can actually answer that one)? How long is a piece of string? Why do some people like metal and some people like trance? Everyone's different. The mrt is just one of those vehicles in LFS that just gets little use.

My suggestion would be that after S2 alpha was released, and the overuse of the MRT at SO1, people just got fed up with it. There are bigger, and twitcher things to master and the MRT has been relegated because of it.
Quote from mattmac83 :Geez, if that's the case, I'll just start my own MRT league eventually. Why the lack of MRT fans?

That was just what I was going to propose!

I think the MRT5 suffers from the same thing as the LRF class. These are all vehicles that requires a lot of practice and patience from the driver. This is why these classes aren't very popular for pick-up races.

However, when leagues are organized and the participants are given time to practice, the outcome is very rewarding.

So, great idea! Good luck!
#8 - BURN
www.owrl.de (all in english too) might does an MRT-Cup around Christmas again.
I dont know about the S1 License. Ask there! u sure get a reply from Krutch or another Admin/Member
Thanks again, everyone. I have absolutely zero experience with leagues in LFS...so it could be a while. I can't speak from experience because I haven't touched any S2 cars yet, but as for the S1 cars, the MRT is the easiest to drive!

I'll check out owrl - thanks BURN.

WOW! Just noticed my join date was Sep 2003! 4 YEARS ago!
Quote from mattmac83 :WOW! Just noticed my join date was Sep 2003! 4 YEARS ago!

Just like me, a new oldie xD
#11 - SamH
Quote from felplacerad :Maybe this will change in the future.

I believe the intention is to make S2 servers, running S1 content, visible and accessible to S1 players. The code is almost there, but Scawen ran out of time before Patch X. Whether or not he'll return to this code in time for Patch Y, I don't know, but I know that's the intention by S2 Gold.

mattmac, I honestly think you should focus on getting S2. It's another $25 or so, but the additional content is not just 2x as much as S1. It's a LOT more content. If you like the MRT, you are bound to enjoy the other S2 cars as well. And not just that, there's a lot more servers than just the CTRA server you're finding now, running all sorts of great stuff. You're really missing out on the party, each day you wait.
Quote from mattmac83 :I'm an oldie but a newbie. Obviously. I'm S1 licensed.

I am just recently getting back into the game, and I LOOOOVE the MRT. Autocross + MRT = heaven. However, when it comes to playing online, I only see *ONE* S1 server. ONE!!! Is that it, really?!

I will definitely be upgrading to S2 as soon as I can afford it - I know, it's cheap. I have a job that pays well. But I'm also saving money for my wedding, so S2 might have to wait for Christmas as a gift from the fiancee.

Until then, am I really stuck playing on demo servers because there is only one S1 server, and I can't touch the S2 servers? I might just stick with single player MRT and wait until I can get S2 and find a league that has MRT races, and not bother with demo servers because they're too annoying and I don't have the patience to look for a decent one.

Hey congrats on the wedding mate, trust me mine will be a long time away, unless she asks the question first......Come to think about, I've seen a couple of wedding mags lying about, and she's wanting to have a holiday in Cuba shortly............ooohh S**t

Anyway, I know from experience that there was a Unity league which raced MRT and UF1's but just finished, It will probably go for another season, although it was European racing and may be a problem for timezones and such.

Got to go, time to hide those magazines I think.
Quote from SamH :I believe the intention is to make S2 servers, running S1 content, visible and accessible to S1 players. The code is almost there, but Scawen ran out of time before Patch X. Whether or not he'll return to this code in time for Patch Y, I don't know, but I know that's the intention by S2 Gold.

What is s2 gold?!
He meant when S2 "Goes Gold", ie: S2 final.

Quote from http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/gold_version.html :
In software and application development, a gold version is the final stage of software development and follows the alpha and beta testing cycles of software development. The gold version is the final version of the software as it will be released to the public.

Obviously this definition doesn't fully apply to LFS, but it's close enough.
Thanks
Quote from the_angry_angel :Why is the sky blue (Ok, I can actually answer that one)? How long is a piece of string? Why do some people like metal and some people like trance? Everyone's different. The mrt is just one of those vehicles in LFS that just gets little use.

My suggestion would be that after S2 alpha was released, and the overuse of the MRT at SO1, people just got fed up with it. There are bigger, and twitcher things to master and the MRT has been relegated because of it.

Why is the sky blue?

S1 License and servers?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG