The online racing simulator
No online stats for Demo Racers?
Hi there,

I'm still stuck on demo, but i wonder why my online race results aren't recorded.

Do I have to race on special servers? Or do I have to identify through a console command? How do those online stats prevent that someone races with my name? I have the impression you have to be registred in order to receive racing stats..

Couldn't find any information about that topic, although I was looking for quite a long time.

Can anybody give more details on this topic?

Thanks in advance,

egaRim
#2 - axus
You have to purchase S2 (or S1) to have racing stats - they are only available on S1 and S2 servers because demo racers can change their names to whatever and then there will be chaos. Buy S2 tho - you won't regret it.
#3 - ORION
1. You need some sort of "unique id" to indentify you online, and this cant be done with a demo user, because he can change is name whenever he wants.

2. The devs pay for their server which allow recording and maintaining those stats, and they cost money. So it makes sense to have online stats only for licelsed racers

3. You wont regret buying the game
take a look at this site btw www.live-for-speed.de
thanks guys

alright..

so it's just like I assumed.. I will consider to buy a license (actually I'm considering it for over a year now ... it's just that I'm lacking the time to get most out of the game.. 24 Pounds is just to expensive for one or two races a month...)
If you buy S2 there will be more than one or two races per month. ;-)
I am just thinking (first time in everything)... What if the S2 people could get their online stats updated from demo hosts too? I mean the only place to drive the GT turbo is on a demo host.
Quote from Hyperactive :I am just thinking (first time in everything)... What if the S2 people could get their online stats updated from demo hosts too? I mean the only place to drive the GT turbo is on a demo host.

There would be a few of us with like 1,000,000 laps of Blackwood GP lol it might overload the master server

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG