The online racing simulator
Quote from Humbleridderen :did you remember to comensate the time we lost for taking Drive through for the skin problem, which wasn´t a skin problem anyway?..because then I think we should be higher up as we had a comfotable 4th place at the disconnect.

Thats what the 30 seconds was for.
Quote from BenjiMC :Thats what the 30 seconds was for.

You must be kidding, We went out in the correct skin, I have seen replay of this (not mine) when we went out of pit after the disconnect. Some could see it, some couldn´t. Nothing to do with us. LFS connection problem!
EXACTLY hence the DT is effectively removed by the 30 seconds i removed from your race times...
lol, ambiguous wording. He meant you get 30sec back.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :lol, ambiguous wording. He meant you get 30sec back.

So the main penalty was one minute for changing driver and then you take away 30 seconds (the drive through). Correct?
Quote from Humbleridderen :So the main penalty was one minute for changing driver and then you take away 30 seconds (the drive through). Correct?

The 30 second credit you're given is to counteract the unnecessary drive-through, yes.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :While I appreciate your efforts to police the driving in the series, this is not what the protest system was intended for. In the future, there will be a clause written into the rules that will allow drivers to submit protests only for incidents that directly affect their team. It is the admins' job to police driving in the series, not the drivers'.

Furthermore, I'd like to note that this was already implied in the existing rules:

Quote :4) If a driver/team feels that they have been wronged, they may post an objection on the IGTC forums post-race.

Though it's a bit nebulous, I feel the intent was fairly clear. This will be made crystal clear for next season.
Quote from BenjiMC :As i said, my mistake, live and let die.

Making a mistake during the race is human, but so would be doing something about it now the race is over.

Yes its clear you gave them an advantage in the race, so now you should take it away and correct you mistake.
It would make sense at first but not only CoRe would of got an advantage by this so it would be unfair for me to change the results because of this.
Not to mention that it's kind of strange to penalize a team for a (theoretical) mistake that wasn't theirs. I would certainly protest it, anyway, if it happened.

Edit: Not to mention (2x) that we've already gotten two very harsh penalties for two very minor infractions and been dropped from 2nd to 5th.
-
(BigTime) DELETED by BigTime
Quote from nmanley :I agree with your assesment based on DWB's explination of why the series uses the Safety car.
Although if we could all start with our bumpers touching there would be no problem with limiter rulings.

Ahaha, now thats an idea! We'll just do away with all rules and have the most beating banging series ever .

I think another problem with the safety car is the use of the pit limiter. Typically in real racing when the pace car comes in to the pits, the lead car controls the field. Needless to say I think thats a rule we should implement.
Till Hamilton causes a pileup
Quote from brianmcd :Till Hamilton causes a pileup

Really actually a very valid point. The race at SO4 was the last race before the limiter rules came about, and it was very messy. Under the SC, we all lacked the neccesary proffesionalism to handle the situation.
However, that's something that can be improved. It's not a static condition.
Obviously. Standards need to be set and expected.
I agree with the use of pit limiters to help regulate the field prior to a start, but is not using it up to a certain point really worth a drive through penalty? I can see if someone doesn't use the limiter and causes a spin or damage to another car, there must be a penalty of some sort. I think the limiter should only be mandatory when every car is on the front stretch and the steward is within a range of time where he can release the field, not in an area like at Aston North where after the last sector split there are some extremely tight corners that may require the normal use of brake/throttle to adjust to what's going on around you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG