The online racing simulator
Where to Install LFS on Ubuntu Linux 7.04?
Hey guys,

I've installed wine on my computer and i've been hanging out to play LFS again. Now, everytime i start up lfs i get "is LFS installed correctly on your hard drive?", How can i fix this? I've tried it on dekstop, home folder etc etc and nothing, any help?
go via terminal in the directory u unzipped it in (cd /blah/blah) and then wine lfs
or u can make a shell script which includes this
#!/bin/bash
cd /path/to/LFS
wine lfs.exe

btw, turn off shadows they aint working correctly atm.
and upgrade to gutsy (7.10)
Could you get on msn or something? Im confused :lol:
whats so confusing?
and if u want to talk to me on msn check my profile, there u have the addy
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :whats so confusing?
and if u want to talk to me on msn check my profile, there u have the addy

yeah man, added you

Im new with linux so have no idea what to do lol
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : I deleted ubuntu, too much of a pain in the arse
Problem!
Ok, i tried to run the 0.4 version of it and i didnt get any bodies for the cars, i just had the wheels ,but there might be a problem with my hardware or their drivers, because im running on a 500mhz 3p, 320 mb ram and 64 mb nvidia 2 pro, and it needs dumb legacy drivers to run any openGL or to get accelaration....

So will you help me ?
its work with me thx
500 mhz runs lfs ? i only get like 5 fps on my 3 ghz computer with ati 32 meg graphics card.(im getting a new one for that reason)
Quote from tbofram :500 mhz runs lfs ? i only get like 5 fps on my 3 ghz computer with ati 32 meg graphics card.(im getting a new one for that reason)

blame ati. their linux drivers have gotten terrible, especially if you have an older card, because fglrx doesn't support "legacy" cards anymore.
Quote from bunder9999 :blame ati. their linux drivers have gotten terrible

Have gotten? I thought they never were any decent.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Have gotten? I thought they never were any decent.

i found they were okay if you could put up with random hardlocks whilst using opengl, or hardlocks when exiting X...

but they were faster than the OSS drivers. then it got progressively worse, and the OSS driver still hadn't matured enough (IMO). then ati decided to remove "legacy" support from fglrx, which meant if you weren't using a R600 core or higher, you're SOL... which is a shame because i know of plenty of machines using the R420 which are still in use.

so now my laptop has zero opengl performance at all, despite glxinfo's claim that it does.
I have nVidia 9500GT with ubuntu 10.10 and LFS is really crap on it... 50 fps on low settings.
Quote from HighRoad :I have nVidia 9500GT with ubuntu 10.10 and LFS is really crap on it... 50 fps on low settings.

50 is better than less-than one.

(hell, i used to play CS in wine [pre-steam] with 20fps)
I can get over 60 with a bunch of AI with everything pretty much maxed out. I run Arch64 on T9550 and 9800M GTS though...

@bunder: If you really need some 3D performance, you might wanna give latest mesa 7.10 and Gallium3D drivers a try. I'm not sure what's the current state of the r300g driver, but chances are it will be better that the old classic stuff. There are even some PPA's for Ubuntu which should make the whole installation procedure less pain in the ass (if you run Ubuntu that is ).
Quote from MadCatX :I can get over 60 with a bunch of AI with everything pretty much maxed out. I run Arch64 on T9550 and 9800M GTS though...

With or without antialiasing? It results in halving of fps here :/
Quote from MadCatX :(if you run Ubuntu that is ).

He runs Gentoo.
Cranking it up to 16AF and 16AA lowers the mimimal FPS to 50-ish with the max staying over 80... I tested it with 6 AI's in AS Nat.

I guess that compiling mesa and gallium drivers on Gentoo might be even easier with proper portage overlay.
16xAA with WINE? e.e

Here it doesn't goes over 4x (and that's with NV card), what you did to get 16x?
4x, 16x, I honestly can't tell the difference in the 1152x864 window... either way there is no performance impact whatsoever no matter what I set AA to (and yes, the image is antialiased ). LFS should be actually ranked like double platinum in terms of WINE compatibility, the only FIXME warnings I get are about unrecognized texture format...
Quote from MadCatX :I guess that compiling mesa and gallium drivers on Gentoo might be even easier with proper portage overlay.

i don't do overlays, but thanks for the info. the LCD on that machine is pretty much shot anyways, so it's not a huge of a deal as it used to be, say 2 years ago.

Quote from MadCatX :LFS should be actually ranked like double platinum in terms of WINE compatibility, the only FIXME warnings I get are about unrecognized texture format...

no shadow bugs? does the FFB work properly? i stopped testing wine bugs around the 1.1.x mark, and it was just terrible, hardly even worthy of the silver classification.
Quote :no shadow bugs? does the FFB work properly? i stopped testing wine bugs around the 1.1.x mark, and it was just terrible, hardly even worthy of the silver classification.

The FFB is kinda rubbish, but I dunno how much that goes on account of no proper driver being available for my DFP and the fact that I'm compiling Qt libs right now, so WINE really struggles for performance. Other than that LFS works like a charm, I don't even need the alternative shadows trickery...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG