The online racing simulator
Moment That Remind You, That You're Just A Kid, and ain't to ashamed to mention it.
Caught myself making car noises (again) while pushing the shopping trolley around today. It's good to see that I have managed to grow up to be a well balanced adult.

Surely I'm not the only one who ends up doing something childish every day.......am I
I'm 28 and I do that :P
Every single time I expel waste gases from my poop chute.

Hahahaha - I just did one!
what's childish about farting? That's just your digestion.

Buth then, doing it silently in a supermarket, and then sending your friends "through" and have them clap in approval, that's something ^^
I often run around the house making bee noises - at the moment. I also pretend to be a robot and run after people with random kitchen utensils.

I also have very childish moments and have strops when things like lids don't come off, or I drop something like my tea I've spent an hour or so prepping.

Then again, I'm not exactly that old
I'm not that old but I still find it hilarious when you put a wooden spoon under a tea towel, hold it against your nuts, raise the spoon up so it looks like you have a hard on...

I also do the car noises when pushing a trolly, and I do tire noises when I driftz the trolly lmao...4 wheel ftw :P
i cant help walking in odd patterns on tiles (which is really bad in this town where every sidewalk is tiled in some way)
i also like to walk sideways down my circular staircase while pretending to countersteer
I always jump over black tiles at the mall, or try and stay on the black tiles, like I did when I was like... 6. Being childish rules!
I'm sorry to announce to the ''tiles rules'' guys that that's an early sign of obsessive-compulsive behavior....I had some rules like that when I was a kid, but when I found out they were too restricting, I threw them out the window...

One thing that I not easily admit is that whenever I find the odd die-cast spaceship or airplane, I feel compeled to swoosh it around making (very) realistic noises. I had a difficulty making toy-friends when I was young, because I was always dictating them how a plane was to move around a restricted space like a room etc...The realism thing that brought me to Lfs has obviously been bugging me since I was very young...
It isn't something I've really thought about before but yes, I too tried to make my little die-cast cars accelerate and bounce around in a 'realistic' fashion when I was a little kid. One time I also thought it would be neat to give them all crash damage, so I flattened around a dozen of them with a hammer before my mom arrived .
My swim eam required that everyone dish out another $50 to them to buy snorkels(along with about $300 worth of other crap). Every time we put them on now I find myself making car noises because it seems to work like an exhaust system. All i can sdo is wonder what the coaches think wen they hear me while i swim.
well uh besides the fact that im only 14? i to always have 'rules' when i go somewere like the mall like were i can only step on certian color tiles ect. plus for some reason rolling die cast cars across the floor and into a wall at 100 miles an hour wile making 'realistic' crashing noises is always a blast...
I use to walk without touching the lines on the concrete, drift shopping cars, I don't jump in my bed because It would die, when I see a car (toy) I start to simulate crashes, and other cool stuff!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Caught myself making car noises (again) while pushing the shopping trolley around today.

This is why you have kids. I don't look/sound nearly as strange because I have 2 little girls in the cart when I'm doing this

When my youngest was still in a stroller, I would take her for WR laps around the department stores complete with realistic sound effects for her while the wife shopped for baby cloths. The problems arise when you whip around the rack of sleepers catching a good apex right out into the path of another shopper. Don't know how many times a vote ban was started on me for being a wrecker, hehehe.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
"Blokes don't ever grow up, they just grow old."

Can't think of anything that I do atm though
I too drift shopping trolleys. The other day I was doing some shopping with my mum actually, and I re-arranged the heavier items to improve weight distribution on the trolley.
Quote from The General Lee :I'm not that old but I still find it hilarious when you put a wooden spoon under a tea towel, hold it against your nuts, raise the spoon up so it looks like you have a hard on...

You made me LOL at work....I'm getting funny looks!

Doesn't every guy play with the shopping trolley? I know I do.

Hey, if we didn't have fun we would all be boring miserable old gits!

My favourite pastime is still riding my bike, and I don't think i'll ever stop that until I loose my legs! Look at it this way, we still love to play with racing cars (be it LFS or watching GP etc), bikes and play armies! (paintball!) Or things along those lines....

Grow up....never! :wallace:
*TiJay is a part time trolley pusher at a supermarket*

I drift 8 of them at a time!

Seriously though, trolleys are like the RWD LFS cars in that the "flick the back end out and apply power in the direction you want to go" rule is very useful. And because of bumps in the road etc pushing them sideways is quite useful
my favourite pasttime with shopping trolleys is figuring out the perfect angle of a drift entry to get the thing moving into another aisle with the least amount of force
sadly the arts of the shopping trolley ninjas are rarely appreciated and often frowned upon ... one day i hope to find a girl that upon seeing me do this will start scribbling formulae on the walls to mathematically figure out the perfect angle and then marry me right there in the supermarket
@ Shot, I do both of those in your first post...

With the shopping cart thing, here we have carts that are actually shaped like trucks/cars for the kids which enhances the whole thing. The boys love drag racing down the isles, and being a weight trainer I can get some serious launches happening. I can even lay some rubber with my shoes (!) and I find myself hunting for the optimal longitudinal shoe slip ratio. Like Mike says though, some people don't appreciate a hurtling cart when they turn into the isle that was empty a second ago hehe. I guess a relatively muscular long haired bearded dude running at you with a cart isn't pleasant? Of course, just once and the "fast again daddy!" chorus starts. Kids make great scapegoats

It's also possible that I might find myself making turbocharger noises regularly, in my own (sadly n/a) car, or ahem... possibly when doing the Shotglass Walking Stair Drift etc. I can neither confirm nor deny this... :hide:
I love driving shopping trolleys, and I find it is easier to turn them when I drift, though I once almost flipped my trolley when I was going round a corner leaving ASDA and the FL wheel got suck in a grate, lucky I was able to keep balanced by spinning out the back end and planted all four back on the black top. Though I was facing the wrong way so I fixed that doing a high speed 180, and almost got a Vote Ban for coming inches from sharing paint samples with a cop car.

Quote from mrbogeyman :My favourite pastime is still riding my bike, and I don't think i'll ever stop that until I loose my legs! Look at it this way, we still love to play with racing cars (be it LFS or watching GP etc), bikes and play armies! (paintball!) Or things along those lines....

The difference between a child and an adult is how much their toys cost and the size.
5 years old, you play with matchbox cars, 25 years old, you play with real cars.
You used to play with sticks to play army, now you use paintball/airsoft and/or you become one of the few people who put their balls on the line every day.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Every single time I expel waste gases from my poop chute.

Hahahaha - I just did one!

lol! that made me laugh, poop chute
at morning when i'm on the bus to school, i fart cuz the people around me r pushing, that allways clears some space around me =D
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :well uh besides the fact that im only 14? i to always have 'rules' when i go somewere like the mall like were i can only step on certian color tiles ect. plus for some reason rolling die cast cars across the floor and into a wall at 100 miles an hour wile making 'realistic' crashing noises is always a blast...

about the tiles, that something in your head wich makes u do it,
the heck with it, its darn fun or with crosswalks, taking big steps, people lookin weird at you, you stop and say: wut? then u laugh like a nutcase and continue your jolly walk
Most shopping trollys here go where THEY want too go in. So its a case of 'torque-steer' so to speak, the harder you push it, the more it turns. The best technique to getting around the tight parts in the least effort is.........

Hang on folks, im 15, im alloud.

Drifting is Cool ONLY in shopping trollys.
Quote from Shotglass :i cant help walking in odd patterns on tiles (which is really bad in this town where every sidewalk is tiled in some way)
i also like to walk sideways down my circular staircase while pretending to countersteer

I thought I was weird because I did that. I tried to keep myself from looking down to stop it, it kinda works, but sometimes I still bust myself on pattern walking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG