The online racing simulator
How to make an add on?
(7 posts, started )
How to make an add on?
Hi I wanted to make an add on/mod for myself. It's a pretty lame add on that I thought up but I wanted to have it anyways :P. It's Pretty embarrassing to say here so I'm not gonna say what it is. But anyways, I just wanted to know how to make an add on. I looked everywhere in the forum and couldn't find one. And the tutorial in the lfs wiki said it only works for the patch W. So can anyone help by posting a tutorial? Or possibly make my idea/thought become and actual add on =]
#2 - Jakg
How on earth can we give you help if we don't know what it is? Is it a texture? A skin? Sound file? InSim mod?
Quote from Jakg :How on earth can we give you help if we don't know what it is? Is it a texture? A skin? Sound file? InSim mod?

Agreed
If it is an insim program, you should read the help txt file (actually c/c++ header) which comes with the game (insim.txt).

However if you have never made a socket program or even any program it is not the best choise to start with.

EDIT: You can use a ready made lib to communicate with LFS, but you still need some programming experience imho.
oh sorz... i forgot to mention... its gonna work a bit like the drift gauge... oh and does your the radio on your vcom stream songs to other drivers? O.o
Haven't used drift gauge, but I've understood it draws some kind of a gauge on top of the LFS screen. In that case I would say it is even 1 step harder to make than a normal insim app (technically, not referring to the amount of work)

No, the radio doesn't broadcast anything to others (not even song names). It just allows you to see what is being played (song name) and control the player. (especially useful for net radio)

EDIT: I think the drift gauge must be using outsim, not insim
Quote from Aquilifer :Haven't used drift gauge, but I've understood it draws some kind of a gauge on top of the LFS screen. In that case I would say it is even 1 step harder to make than a normal insim app (technically, not referring to the amount of work)

No, the radio doesn't broadcast anything to others (not even song names). It just allows you to see what is being played (song name) and control the player. (especially useful for net radio)

EDIT: I think the drift gauge must be using outsim, not insim

yeah the drift gauge shows the degree angle and the g-force while doing a drift.

aww... that'd be a pretty sweet mod if you could broadcast it, not that it isnt already but it'd be pretty cool to broadcast to other drivers. but im sure that it'll run into some legality issues about mp3s.

thanks again for the reply i'll look into it and hopefully i can make my mod to work =]

How to make an add on?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG