The online racing simulator
Possibility to download individual LFS files from lfs.net?
I just had some strange trouble with my LFS/graphics card driver and as end result the driver kinda crashed and wiped my LFS.exe to unusable. (something wrong with my system) I thought "no problem, I have quite a few patches stored on my hardrive" - BUT since the autoupdate was introduced I don't actually have any patch zips anymore. Or even have links to the patch files on lfs.net... tried "hacking", mission not succesful...

So I need a version X10 (or what's the latest) of LFS.exe and the only way to get it seems to be through LFS.exe autoupdate itself. This is not a problem either as I have few LFS versions in their own folders (W, V, V2) but I wouldn't want to update them to X10 (kinda defeats the point of having different versions if they are all latest).

So I had to duplicate my W version, manually select the folders inside the data folder so that I won't duplicate all those skins, mprs and sprs and then autoupdate that LFS from W to X10 and copy/paste the LFS.exe to the X version folder.

What I would have wanted to do is download the latest X patch and extract the lfs.exe only, overwriting the corrupted one.

Teh suggestion:

Make some files downloadable from lfs.net:
- default skins (the white ones)
- LFS.exe and the config files
- default setups
- default engine sound files
- some textures

Or maybe provide a link to manually download the patches - is there a reason why this is no more?

unicorns
I have all the auto-updates manually stored. Just copy the installer file before clicking "ok to restart", then the original will be deleted and you can move the copy elsewhere so you can manually upgrade at a later date. I don't see why they couldn't make the updates manually available also. I hate relying on the internet for updates, I have everything sitting on disk so I can install all drivers, programs and updates before setting up the internet connection. Seems the safest way, and sensible for anyone that might need to reformat regularly on a limited bandwidth internet connection (as is all the rage in this country these days).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG