The online racing simulator
Variable TC settings for BF1
(11 posts, started )
As in the car the BF1 is based, it would be very helpful for me if i could easily change the TC settings while on track between corners. For instance on WE int. i can get quick hotlaps but the TC set isnt appropriate for a race start. Also the tight off camber turns require a much different setting than recovering from the long sweepers or the chicane. Is this possible,wanted,or already availible
#2 - Osco
yes, your right foot
I'm pretty sure that F1 cars have this ability, so it's a valid suggestion. Though I still prefer driving the BF1 with TC off myself (although driving it at all is something of a rarity for me I admit).
Wow i cant imagine starting a race on R3/4's w/o TC competitivly. I sometimes run very low tc settings for certin off camber tight turns but have lost positions off the grid. I havent noticed any BF1 WR's (maybe one) that dont use TC, so i find it hard to belive that the car would be more competitive w/o it.
Also as far as using your foot to control the tc: I do. I often use very "low" settings because if i can just get it to jump in a tiny bit after ive caught grip it greatly reduces understeer w/o inhibiting momentum.

FWIW
once you get upto speed, the BF1 is alot faster around corners without TC (for obvious reasons). Its only upon harsh acceleration and tight corners that you have to be gentle with the throttle.

+1 to the suggestion though, would be nice to edit settings like that on the fly.
#6 - ajp71
I try to use TC as a safety net, as in I set it higher than is ideal just to catch it if I get too keen on the right foot. I really can't see the need for the TC to be adjustable in race though and doubt real drivers bother adjusting it.

As for the starts the TC doesn't kick in until your moving (40mph IIRC) so every start is w/o TC :something
#7 - bbman
Quote from MisterKris :Also as far as using your foot to control the tc: I do. I often use very "low" settings because if i can just get it to jump in a tiny bit after ive caught grip it greatly reduces understeer w/o inhibiting momentum.

You misunderstood: your right foot IS the TC, no need for that engine cutting out-nonsense, turn it off if you dare...
Quote from MisterKris :Wow i cant imagine starting a race on R3/4's w/o TC competitivly. I sometimes run very low tc settings for certin off camber tight turns but have lost positions off the grid. I havent noticed any BF1 WR's (maybe one) that dont use TC, so i find it hard to belive that the car would be more competitive w/o it.

Therein lies the problem. People race to be fast, set the car up to be fast at all costs, all in the name of winning. IMO, so many people miss the point. Race to have fun, set the car up to be fast but also to handle well so you enjoy driving it, and can concentrate so staying door to door with your opponent. Whoever wins is unimportant, it's what you go through to get across the line that puts the smile on your face.
#9 - bbman
Quote from Bob Smith :[...]set the car up to be fast but also to handle well so you enjoy driving it,[...]

And therin lies another problem: I've never seen a BF1-set that handles well... Just those which throw the back end 'round as soon as you turn the steering wheel just a bit, only to be rescued by the TC... It sure is fast, but it's "dirty", if one can say so...
+1 for me, real F1 cars got it too. Saw it on Honda Racing site.
Quote from ajp71 : I really can't see the need for the TC to be adjustable in race though and doubt real drivers bother adjusting it.

Since it isnt adjustable i assume your reffering to real f1 drivers. If you watch cockpit veiws durring a race, on many tracks its changed multiple times during one lap (certian drivers/chasis do it more than others). Its also standardly changed during the life cycle of the tyres.

As far as missing the point of having fun/winning- i find that a interesting situation. Sometimes i i end up slower because i want the simulation to be as real as it can. But in the end i ultimatly feel that its part of racing to take whatever advatages are available to you in order to be fast. So in a sense it is just a game. You do it have fun and enjoy yourself. If figuring out a way to go faster gets you off than i dont see it as a sacrelig even if it comprimises the authenticity of the simulation.(except the obivious speed hackers)
Also to clear up my point, I dont want more traction control. I dont use it in high doses. Im looking forward to f1 w/o it in 08. It would make the sim more fun for me if i could ty to dial it accordingly to different corners on a track - The same thing that is done in "real life".

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG