The online racing simulator
Problems Hosting a Game
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Slopi
Problems Hosting a Game
I've done as much searching as possible through these forums and have not found a suitable answer, so I appologize in advance if the answer is here, I've not found it.

The problem I have is when I try to creat a server, either listed, hidden or private. The server will start just fine and show on the server list, also my friend can see my server, and see me if he searches my name, on my server. Though they can see it, they can't connect. When my friend tries to connect, they get as far as "Connecting To Host" then nothing happens. I've had them try to setup a server, and they have the same problem, as I cannot connect to them, and the connection fails at the same spot, "Connection To Host".

Neither of us have an enabled firewall while trying to start a server, or joining. Neither of us are using routers and we can both join other servers without any issues. Anyone have any ideas?

And apparently I've landed my post in the wrong section of the forums. A second appology for not paying attention
#2 - Slopi
Problems Hosting a Game
First let me appologize for double posting, since I posted this in the general forums.

I've done as much searching as possible through these forums and have not found a suitable answer, so I appologize in advance if the answer is here, I've not found it.

The problem I have is when I try to creat a server, either listed, hidden or private. The server will start just fine and show on the server list, also my friend can see my server, and see me if he searches my name, on my server. Though they can see it, they can't connect. When my friend tries to connect, they get as far as "Connecting To Host" then nothing happens. I've had them try to setup a server, and they have the same problem, as I cannot connect to them, and the connection fails at the same spot, "Connection To Host".

Neither of us have an enabled firewall while trying to start a server, or joining. Neither of us are using routers and we can both join other servers without any issues. Anyone have any ideas?
Well certaintly something has to be wrong with the host and having a port blocked or something... that is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Even though you say you don't have a firewall or router, are you absolutely positive you don't have any software firewalls, virus protection enabled, or behind some ISP firewall that blocks ports? Check Windows Firewall even, if you have XP. Just the port 63392 needs to be opened and that is it.

What kind of network are you on at your place? How is your internet/network setup?

(Seeing and finding someone online should always work, that just uses the standard port 80 I believe, which is the default port for browsing the internet... basically what connecting to the master server is. But actually connecting successfully to a game sometimes requires a port to be opened from the host computer)

EDIT: Oops he has his other thread here, maybe delete this one and put this in TA section
the two threads merged into one.

And for some tips:
It's most likely not working because packets travelling over the internet towards your host cannot reach your host, for some reason. This reason can be what Tweak said (especially check the Windows Firewall, since it's turned on by default I believe). Also check that both TCP and UDP packets can reach your host / computer.
Sometimes an ISP also blocks certain port-ranges, making it worthwhile to try a lower port number for your host. Though this is becoming quite rare these days.

Other than that I wouldn't know really. I doubt it's a LFS-host problem. It usually is a network problem.
#6 - Slopi
Apparently my ISP had some issues the last couple days, but it's all cleared up now. Wasn't a firewall issue, and not about forwarding ports, but thanks for squeezing those suggestions in there, despite how hard I tried to avoid those responses lol.

And thanks, Victor for cleaning up after me with the threads!

Now back to racing

Problems Hosting a Game
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG