The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 question
(50 posts, started )
Logitech G25 question
hello, this is my first post here and i would like to know if the g25 can fit on a folding table i know it is meant for wood tables but before i spend 300 $$ i want to see if anyone else is using it on a folding table

OT : what games will fully g25 on ps3 will dirt have sequential shifting?

thanks alot

EDIT: ill take a pic when i find the table
hum maybe, if you set the forcefeed back to minimum,haha, i have a small computer desk and it shakes a lot, enough than my middle speaker (over my screen) falloff and break My brand new 20po LCD, GrRrrrrRRrrRR

hum, the g25 forcefeed back is really strong :-) i don't think that a folding table will be enough to support this beast !!! almost with force feedback -> 100% seting the sterring below 100% is a waste of cash !! :-P
never thought about the force feedback thanks but can you tell me if the g25 will fit on this desk

on the top part not the bottom
not that sliding thing but if you think it can fi on the sliding thing then tell me and i will take a pic of the bottom
Attached images
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
get-attachment.asp1x.jpg
#4 - kompa
hmm better give us some measurements but it looks like it could *just* fit there
it will even clamp on the bottom the bottom has the wooden bar can someone take a picture of a g25 mounted to their desk id ont know what the clamp is like

im pretty sure it will fit im just worried about it clamping to underneath the desk
#6 - kompa
Quote from Most Wanted Guy :never thought about the force feedback thanks but can you tell me if the g25 will fit on this desk

on the top part not the bottom
not that sliding thing but if you think it can fi on the sliding thing then tell me and i will take a pic of the bottom

you know on your screen, instead of all the extra White chunky bit on the sides, why don they just make that screen aswell? god...
lol i dont have a ruler but i appreciate all of your help

want me to take more pics of the bottom and is the shifter clamp that wide to fit on that thick of A desk

harjun what are u talking about
Quote from Most Wanted Guy :im 15 i dont know how to take measurments

Wtf?

Now, to help you out a bit I made a crude drawing of the G25 profile, showing the clamp setup at full extension and the rough measurements. From what I can tell of your pics, the G25 definitely won't clamp to the top part of the table.
Attached images
G25 clamp.gif
Quote from harjun :you know on your screen, instead of all the extra White chunky bit on the sides, why don they just make that screen aswell? god...

Harjun, I know you are a technical genius, so can you explain how, if they were to remove the BUILT-IN SPEAKERS from the sides of that guys monitor...where would the sound come from?
the clamp has a small bit which you can remove and gain a couple more centimeters. so from the pic AndroidXP posted you can imagine the clamp shaped like letter L instead of letter U.

getting complicated here!
so it wont clamp to my desk? ill take another picture

and what about the bottom
you don't really want to clamp it on the bottom part, it needs to be on a very stable surface. just ask someone to figure out the exact measurements and we'll tell you if it'll fit. and if it won't, you could maybe file away just a few millimeters off the desk if it's OK...
Quote from Most Wanted Guy :so it wont clamp to my desk? ill take another picture

Looks like it has just enough space on the top, although I'm not sure if the shifter will fit...

Is that the top side of your pull-out drawer flat? It looks like it's curved... If it is curved, no wheel will hold there...
Quote from kompa :the clamp has a small bit which you can remove and gain a couple more centimeters. so from the pic AndroidXP posted you can imagine the clamp shaped like letter L instead of letter U.

getting complicated here!

Woah, never noticed that
Quote from Most Wanted Guy :so it wont clamp to my desk? ill take another picture

Bottom should be fine.
VVV After seeing your pic, no bottom will not fit either. But the top might if you remove the clamp stubs.
well i took some more pics

ps: 23 is the top part and 22 is the bottom
Attached images
get-attach23ment.aspx.jpg
get-attachment22.aspx.jpg
To be brutally honest, I think you are going to have to get busy with a saw...
My desk is 50mm thick and the G25 *JUST* squeezes on to it; and that's with the extendible bits (spacers?) removed.
Judging by those pix, I would say that the top part looks a bit thicker, and as for the bottom (slide-out) shelf, you will have to lose that ridge if you want to mount the gearstick there.
thanks for all your help

but i think i will buy a new desk
Well bladey, if we can squeeze the clamps in front of that second board, it might be possible... It looks bad for the shifter though...

Ok, how many cm are "a", "b" and the sum of "a+c", as marked in the attached image?
Attached images
measures.jpg
Quote from bbman :Ok, how many cm are "a", "b" and the sum of "a+c", as marked in the attached image?

|\
| \
| \ x
| \
|_____\

"Find x"......"Oh...Its there!"

edit...sod it...ASCII art dont work on teh forimz...but you get the idea
im confused
unavoidable
:doh:
Actually on my table, due to a metal bar that sticks out, I had to put my shifter on the left side (near the corner) as the metal interfered with it.

Logitech G25 question
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG