The online racing simulator
Live for Speed - impressions
(45 posts, started )
/!\ NEW VERSION AVAILABLE /!\

I worked my video over again, trying to incorporate solutions for most of your criticism. Changelog:

- smoother scenes in the beginning
- nearly all cars are featured now (although XRT/BL1 scenes still predominate)
- updated lfs logo at the end
- more racing
- less cars without skins
- half of the file size, same quality

I won't work it over again but I know the video is not perfect - so please post your opinions and suggestions, both positive and negative ones

Download (49.46 MB, XviD) / Streams
Rapidshare, download
load.to, download
Zippyshare, download+stream
YouTube, stream
(please report obsolete or invalid links so I can handle them)

EDIT:
For those who like the song used in the video: It is a shortened version of the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream; Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna (Orchestral Version) (6:34)

Rapidshare, 14.5mb lq
youtube
Very nice. Music wasn't any shit'rap'n'funky, for this video i didn't have to turn volume down. There was a feeling that video and music goes together, some flaws but considering all together this is not bad! Not just some racing episodes with same cars but also funny stuff where it belongs.

I enjoyed this, all to Jens for a good job.

I've seen Jens's videos earlier and I have critized them a lot, but i don't have to shame about this one
Quote from moerhhi :

I've seen Jens's videos earlier and I have critized them a lot...

Exactly same with me... I always critized his videos, but now I can see those was only tryings.

It will be maybe strong words, but I can imagine this one as advertisment on lfs...

Good job, mate...
yeah Jens
next nice video from you!
thx for the quick comments already!

Quote from The Very End :Please, not youtube, use http://stage6.divx.com/.
Thank you

I'll maybe register there and upload it later this week, but I think most people unfortunately don't use stage6 yet because downloading the video as .avi usually is faster than waiting until stage6 has finished buffering (at least that's what I experienced when using it)
Nice jens, better then that vid of us with that weird music hehe
great movie Jens... CJ has said right thing when he haid that that movie xou made can be advertisment for all LFS. Nice chose of music and only thing you would have to add that can be advertisment mre cars... here is only few cars and in LFS is much more cars.

Be prowd of your self
Ooh yeah Jens! This is awesome! i loved it
Quote from Jens O. :thx for the quick comments already!

I'll maybe register there and upload it later this week, but I think most people unfortunately don't use stage6 yet because downloading the video as .avi usually is faster than waiting until stage6 has finished buffering (at least that's what I experienced when using it)

True
But in the future you maybe upload it there? ;P

For me? :love:
Stage6 usually loads in seconds for me, at least up to 960x520. When it's full HD1080, it buffers around 1-2 minutes, but downloading from rapidshare or load.to takes 4-5 minutes.
interesting video, nice sceens by this music
Quote from trucky :only thing you would have to add that can be advertisment mre cars... here is only few cars and in LFS is much more cars.

yes noticed that too .. the problem is I don't have interesting replays with all cars which include nice scenes. and I didn't want to start "posing" with all the other cars because I prefer the real racing scenes, so I had to use scenes of my favorite combo predominantly

Quote from The Very End :
But in the future you maybe upload it there? ;P

For me? :love:

... for you I'd do everything
uhm let's see what I can do, but I don't want to promise
Great vid , keep up the good work
Great video!
Well done Jens! I like how the movie goes with music, it has got an atmosphere It's a pity the very beginning isn't quite smooth but the rest more than compensates it.

What a Hollywood crash at 2:22
Nice work on this one Jens.

Love how there is little racing in it but the music and scenes of swooping though the tracks like we are used to is so captivating! You really put this one together nicely.

Small racing scenes and the crashes were nice and look good.

Think this is some of your best work, definently getting much better at this. Can see you making some really great movies in the near future!

Keep it up, this is great work!
Great video.....good work... awesome work

anyone knows the name of the song?
thanks in advance
Quote from chanoman315 :anyone knows the name of the song?
thanks in advance

I found it as the soundtrack of "Requiem for a Dream" by Clint Mansell
Nice guy, nice driver and a nice director too

I love it to see you working on the perfect lfs-video and it seems ur getting more and more into the science of cutting good sequences. In my point of view i found the sound as a little dramatically and i missed some engine sounds for instance at the onboard views.

What about the following: You write a "storyboard" and some of us are your actors, youre the director. Hehe, lots of the above gentlemen could produce nice maneuvers in a row if they know exactly when to do what. Some Teamspeak stuff should make it easy to direct us.

And of course i would be proud to be ur actor
Quote from spikee :i missed some engine sounds for instance at the onboard views.

Sounds are planned for the next one again
But this time I wasn't motivated to turn off all my windows sounds because recording the scenes took quite some time since I used some more scenes than usually. Plus my great equipment always gives me a challenge whenever I wanna combine LFS sounds with music and then make it fit to the frame rate of the movie

Quote :
What about the following: You write a "storyboard" and some of us are your actors, youre the director. Hehe, lots of the above gentlemen could produce nice maneuvers in a row if they know exactly when to do what. Some Teamspeak stuff should make it easy to direct us.

As I mentioned above I prefered using the real-racing-scenes for videos, nothing "faked". But with some more racers it could be a try worth and lead to an interesting result for sure .. And probably there are some guys out there who would give it a try with us
But I think I have to delay everything like this to my autumn- or even christmas-holidays, school is keeping me busy at the moment. This video was a one-weekend-project
#22 - [d9]
nice, monumental music brought me back to remember of the flashback amiga game; clear scenery compositions; excellent camera.

negatives - no transitions (what about cinelerra or windows movie maker (free!!!) ); few fill video segments dedicated only to extend video length to music; (obsolote) s1 logo at the end

good work, keep driving
Oh shit, Spikeeee! U live? I Wrote private message to you at lfsworld.net...
Quote from Jens O. :
As I mentioned above I prefered using the real-racing-scenes for videos, nothing "faked". But with some more racers it could be a try worth and lead to an interesting result for sure .. And probably there are some guys out there who would give it a try with us
But I think I have to delay everything like this to my autumn- or even christmas-holidays, school is keeping me busy at the moment. This video was a one-weekend-project

Count me in for acting, great video
i saw most (maybe all) of your productions and i have to agree that you are better and better with editing and all this stuff. Your movie is 2nd where i heard this touch music and it touch me again (like always). don't be angry on me, but "requiem for a dream" remains the 1st
GOOD JOB!

and at the end i have to say hello to Jens of course, ColdJorgeCZ and spikee we have to meet on track again my friends:headbang::gandalf:

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG