The online racing simulator
3dmax 9 cant render ??!! am I wrongb !?
(11 posts, started )
hello gentlemen

I got my 3dmax version 9 and cant render cuz of cmx isseu that I cant understand, i got the cmx importer but it says it will work with 3dmax version 5 or 6 !!! so what should I do ???

Please advice

Thanks & best regards
i dont think cmx importer works with max 9
lol
Quote from e2mustang :Geez that takes like 5 hour to do 1 car lol thats why we use max8

hey mate do you mean that 3ds max 8 will render fast or that the tutorial is difficult, and who can I open cmx file with 3ds max 9 to render my skins or should I get 3ds max 8 instead of 9???.

Please help me J

Thanks
Yeah i was just looking at that tutorial,and you have texture everything for yourself,and thats kinda sux.Would better and faster to get max8,coz u just apply the skin in 3 steps,and all set.I Never used max9 tho,but ppl have problems with it,like they cant find brazil,have to buy etc.
Max 9 can't import the skin mapping data from the cmx files so you have to re-map the entire skin. That's what takes the 5 hours.

Rendering time I imagine would be pretty much identical to Max 8.
what he said
#10 - Davo
You can however use the premade scenes by Ian H and Morrow to render using Max9. Stuff using the cmx importer and doing it all yourself..
thanks gentlemen for your help, and please do any one have a tutorial on how to render with 3dsmax 8 ??

Thanks for ferther help

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG