The online racing simulator
Try to host a Dedi server (need Help)
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :I live in the middle of nowhere and i can assure you it does, and if it doesn't (ie about 2 years ago there was no broadband round here, and we had 1337 pipes put into the churches, which then sent it to us via wireless from masts atop the spires).

Cities tend to have Cable, and in some cases Fibre.

I don't even think i can find a mainstream provider here that DOESN'T give you a free Router/Modem bundle, which is the reason why everyone has one...

When your advice is very unlikely to work, yes.

but what everyone fails to realise is that technologically ireland is still in the 1960s (not just you, jakg, but it seems to be everyone). Obviously cable has to be somewhere, just to link to the masts. i have wireless broadband, but the mast has a cable going to a switching station. Ireland's countryside is so big that wireless seems to be the only method to ensure that people within a 20 mile city radius have broadband. The range grows by about 3 miles a year, but cable is still only used in the city centre. From about a mile from the city centre, its wireless only.

Secondly the advice i gave was based on my knowledge of broadband/routers/lfs, which is based on my connection and setup. This setup is normal for irish people in the countryside, and it works for me, so this is the advice i gave. When I had trouble with my LFS connection, I was able to determine that the router was at fault by putting the ethernet from the modem straight into the pc. I apologise if I came across as saying something else, but I am trying (well, was) to help takumi_lfs with his server. But, you'll notice that it was indeed jakg who made the first hypocritical comment:

"I tried plugging the lead straight into my PC but it won't work, help me o' techno lord!"

I was the one who retaliated, but I did not start!
oh comeon.. discuss it somewhere else. explain me why i dont have connection to my Geteway/internet?

But there must be something wrong in here. I do have Internet connection on this PC
if you can connect localy, then its most probably a router problem. what model router are you using?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :if you can connect localy, then its most probably a router problem. what model router are you using?

THOMSON SpeedTouch 780. does it tell you something?
no im not familiar with it, sorry. type your routers ip address into internet explorer and you should get a login page. log in using the username and password supplied to you by your isp. I dont know anything about this particular model, but see if there's a link to a section about gaming/port forwarding. That's what comes up on my router.
well.. there is definitly something wrong with my connection.

I'll try more experiment's dont worry i wont be harjun'd
it was a j-o-k-e dan

Try to host a Dedi server (need Help)
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG