The online racing simulator
Skidpad: Drift Ring
(23 posts, started )

Poll : What do you think about this layout?

Closed since :
Awesome
Good
Average
Absolute rubbish
Poor
Skidpad: Drift Ring (extreme challenging)
I'm making currently drift layout to skidpad, it's not ready yet but maybe you wanna see little teaser from my work so far. When it's ready it will be longer and better.
Drift Ring - WIP

-29.09.2007-

Now there is new picture, about my plans. My first plan was driving circle all way to the end but then i decide to make direction change and then other direction change to make this layout more interesting

-30.09.2007-

Now it's finaly ready and you can freely try it. I also added new pictures, links to new vids and of course layout file.

Drift_Ring-final [FZ50 incar]
Drift_Ring-final [FZ50 freecam]

-1.10.2007-

I added my XRT drift setup. which isn't best possible setup for drifting (I think) but works very well with my track.

-21.10.2007-

Now there is three spr files with XRT, FZ50 and RB4 cars, driven by me.

----
Attached images
Drift_ring_WIP.jpg
Drift_Ring_Plan.jpg
Drift_ring_Final_1.jpg
Drift_ring_Final_2.jpg
Drift_ring_Final_3.jpg
Attached files
AU2_Drift_Ring.lyt - 3.7 KB - 5138 views
XR GT TURBO_Drift.set - 132 B - 4402 views
DriftRing_FZ5_by_Pörrö.spr - 96.6 KB - 1206 views
DriftRing_RB4_by_Pörrö.spr - 83.1 KB - 959 views
DriftRing_XRT_by_Pörrö.spr - 167.1 KB - 1452 views
All i can say is: too much objects for my poor system Otherwise is looks gr8
It looks pretty would need a fair bit of car control which rules me out.
Quote from Riders Motion :All i can say is: too much objects for my poor system Otherwise is looks gr8

I don't think that would be problem beacause you see only some of the objects at the same time when you are driving, but i'm not sure how it works on your system.
Quote from Pörrö :I don't think that would be problem beacause you see only some of the objects at the same time when you are driving, but i'm not sure how it works on your system.

Most of the 7-years old systems have difficulty with autocross
looks very nice! Well spaced, and neatly done

Ps. Writing on my iPod touch

[warning- big picture]
Attached images
IMG_0660.JPG
I am certainly impressed by your skill in driving this course (I'm assuming that it IS you).

What is the gauge in the lower left of the view, shown in the videos?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :looks very nice! Well spaced, and neatly done

Ps. Writing on my iPod touch

[warning- big picture]

Aha, my question about horizontal typing on an iPhone/iPod Touch has been answered!
Nice layout, liked those videos
Quote from David33 :I am certainly impressed by your skill in driving this course (I'm assuming that it IS you).

What is the gauge in the lower left of the view, shown in the videos?

Hey thanks! Yes it's me

It's drift gauge
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Nice layout, liked those videos

It's always nice if someone like this layout, thx

BTW have anyone finnish this layout under 1 min 45 seconds? I did it once with RB4 but i forget to save replay
Quote from Pörrö :I'm making currently drift layout to skidpad, it's not ready yet but maybe you wanna see little teaser from my work so far. When it's ready it will be longer and better.
Drift Ring - WIP

-29.09.2007-

Now there is new picture, about my plans. My first plan was driving circle all way to the end but then i decide to make direction change and then other direction change to make this layout more interesting

-30.09.2007-

Now it's finaly ready and you can freely try it. I also added new pictures, links to new vids and of course layout file.

Drift_Ring-final [FZ50 incar]
Drift_Ring-final [FZ50 freecam]

-1.10.2007-

I added my XRT drift setup. which isn't best possible setup for drifting (I think) but works very well with my track.

-21.10.2007-

----

Hi guys,

was just wondering, how do i get these .lyt files to work in LFS, because ive got a few sittin here waiting to be drifted on and cant get em to work Could any1 help me?

Thanks in advance,
Hazzardous_Drifter
doesn't work in demo, yu have to buy S1 or S2 to unlock the layouts
But how do i when i have the s2 liscence? cos my mate has it and hes been gettin into drifting too?
Quote from Hazzardous_Drifter :But how do i when i have the s2 liscence? cos my mate has it and hes been gettin into drifting too?

Put .lyt files to folder /data/layouts. Go to single player, select Autocross -track and the layout.

When your friend uses it, save the replay and post it here.
ive put all the tracks into the layout folder but i cant choose the layout in game?
The is becuase u are what is called a DEMO USER...it won't work no matter what. If you are talking about your friends LFS with S2 then make sure you have the right track selected.
i got the drift ring to work, but no other ones work, and the drift ring is standard with the skid pad, i cant change it,would i need to use a special name for them? if so can sumbody help me plz? me n my mate have been dying to drift on these drift tracks

Cheers,
Hazzardous_Drifter
Quote from Hazzardous_Drifter :i got the drift ring to work, but no other ones work, and the drift ring is standard with the skid pad

I reckon :bananadea

I like the layout im just having flashbacks to when i first got S2 and saw this layout.
Quote from Hazzardous_Drifter :...the drift ring is standard with the skid pad, i cant change it...

Firstly, incase you forgot, you have a DEMO. Therefore you do not have access to all features of the game

Secondly, a DEMO version does not support layouts

Thirdly, why are you downloading layouts for a track you don't even have, and how on earth did you get one of them to work?

Finally, If you are cracking the game, its bye bye from us
Quote from JO53PHS :Firstly, incase you forgot, you have a DEMO. Therefore you do not have access to all features of the game

Secondly, a DEMO version does not support layouts

Thirdly, why are you downloading layouts for a track you don't even have, and how on earth did you get one of them to work?

Finally, If you are cracking the game, its bye bye from us

So, shortly: :bananadea:iagree:

He said he played on a friends license but whatever.

Skidpad: Drift Ring
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG