The online racing simulator
Empty servers...
(9 posts, started )
Empty servers...
Whenever i go online, there's one thing that still amazes me, nobody EVER joins empty servers, but as soon as I enter one, it often starts to fill.

please don't be put off by there not being anybody there, i know you might even feel a bit stupid driving round on you're own but PEOPLE WILL JOIN!

if you take a look on the host-list you'll usually see loads of 0s and almost full servers, but rarely find any others, instead of simply piling in to the already overcrowded servers, join the one you wanna race in and after 10 min's i guarentee you'll have at least a few joiners
I like overcrowded servers.

No, seriously, most people probably remember my thread about how I think there are actually too many servers in LFS. I won't hesitate to join an empty server if I can't find an occupied one that I like, but frankly I no longer have sympathy given the fact that the server supply far outstrips the demand.

On the other hand, I always preferentially join servers with only one person in them, even if it's not the sort of race I originally was looking for. I appreciate that racing by yourself is boring.
I never join on server with all cars enabled, unless I'm searching for an empty server to try some odd combo... Just more servers with RAC and XRT only enabled (not both...), sure some will visit?
I find it somehow funny that in night time (European time) there are less players (because there are less American than European LFS players) but there are always one or two crowded F08 Oval servers and usually one crowded drift server. Americans are playing on the Oval server and Japanese drifters are playing on their own server?
Yeah, I'm always torn between racing the combo I want to race on, or racing on a server that has people in. I don't think the two ever match.

People very rarely join the server if I'm in there alone (mainly because I use the road cars... if I'm practising for my FOX league then people turn up much faster...)

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed people get bored and start using other cars more often.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#6 - ysu
I agree with Hyperactive: the all cars servers are pointless.

It should actually be impossible to start a server all cars to enforce some selection. Either category or single car would be ok.
It's easy to check with this how many empty servers there are atm.:
http://lfs.ixulai.co.uk/as2f/

And I just can't find any reason for those 70 (at the time I write this) "all cars available" servers, because the car they drive is F08 mostly. Just make them one car servers, or some new combos like LRF at AS3R or WE1R with gtr fwd cars.
#8 - bbman
What about UF1 @ Westhill (rev)? Almost like Oval, just a little more steering... :banana:
I do the same thing. Alot of the people on LFS-Torque complained about how IDD was always empty, but in reality the second you got in there another person joined, then in 5 minutes you have a full server. Like me, people search for games that aren't empty.

Empty servers...
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG