The online racing simulator
Ran out of unlocks..any way to request an additional one?
I made the mistake of using one copy of LFS on a seperate hard drive between 2 installed versions of windows which i've been switching between while I copy all my data and settings accross. I've used all my LFS unlocks for this month doing this, completely forgetting there's a limit on it. Is there any way I can request 1 additional unlock so I can play the game again? Was S2 racing only 10 mins ago, now restricted to demo Not sure I can live 10 days without LFS..

Cheers.
No, because the licence page specifies you only get 1 unlock per month so I thought it'd make sense to ask here if I'm going to get anywhere or not before contacting the dev's. I have just now emailed them via the page you linked to though, thanks.
In the past, I know extras have been given out but I don't know what criteria they look for when doing this. For all I know, they just flip a coin.
Panic over..Victor just granted me an additional unlock..thanks Now back to racing..
...and another one for the beginner's forum
#7 - dadge
i have the same problem, i have had to re-install xp a few times this month due to problems with my new upgrades. so far i have used my 2 monthly unlocks and one that victor has granted me now i have none (boo hoo) i have tried to pm the great one but he has blocked pm's so i have no hope til the start of the month
Well, then you'll have to wait the 5 days

But really, how do so many people manage to not only waste the normal unlocks like that, but even throw away their extra unlock from Victor? I mean, why do you unlock everytime immediately after you've reinstalled Windows? Just let it sit in demo mode until you're sure the problems are gone. *sigh*
#9 - dadge
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, then you'll have to wait the 5 days

But really, how do so many people manage to not only waste the normal unlocks like that, but even throw away their extra unlock from Victor? I mean, why do you unlock everytime immediately after you've reinstalled Windows? Just let it sit in demo mode until you're sure the problems are gone. *sigh*

this is the first time i have this this kind of thing thank you very much. i have had to reformat my pc 6 times in 5 days trying to get everything to work as it should. i had 2 unlocks that i haven't used since 2004 and i used them, i had the brain power to ask one of the devs to give me my forst request in 2-nearly 3 years. i didn't have the brain power to notice that you would never do something as silly as this...............or would you?
Quote from dadge :i have the same problem, i have had to re-install xp a few times this month due to problems with my new upgrades. so far i have used my 2 monthly unlocks and one that victor has granted me now i have none (boo hoo) i have tried to pm the great one but he has blocked pm's so i have no hope til the start of the month

The best way around is once you have got lfs the why you wanted it skins etc etc unlock it and copy the lfs file onto a spare hdd it is the best way i think of doing it i think (hope this does not break any rules)
done that now :P the devs were kind enough to hook me up.
So, are you going to reinstall Windows tomorrow?
it depends, are you gonna ask another silly question (although i hope not lol)

now for some lfs (there was a very good session on the ATC server last night. hard race after hard race).
you should join
tiz mucho fun

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG