The online racing simulator
XRG Drift
(9 posts, started )
XRG Drift
Hi seniors of lfs drift , how to drift xrg ? i can start drift but in middle of drifting...even i press full throttle..the speed will reduce very fast . not enough power . i used real life ae86 drift techniques to drift xrg , it seems totaly different . even ae86 drift better than xrg . is it car setting problem or my skills problem or it is like that ? please help me.i confusing
Quote from dcm_wc :is it car setting problem or my skills problem

both
Drifting underpowered car around wide corners is a challenge
1) you need a slippery setup
2) you need to apply lower angles since the speeds are pretty low
you just gotta keep the power on and watch the angles. if you try to hang the back end out too far you'll shed too much speed and stuff it up

here's an xrg drift video of mine on youtube (this one is on autox though)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C-muvz-v8AI
Yeah, the XRG is terrible to try to drift with, feels like it barely any power. But yes, as mentioned lower drift angles and a slippy setup will help.

Although, my favourite thing to do is to tweak a 5.7L V8 into it and burn the rubber
I love drifting the XRG, especially at blackwood. It's underpowered, so don't try to get it sideways, cause it will just stop. You have to drift at a tight angle and at full throttle.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I love drifting the XRG, especially at blackwood. It's underpowered, so don't try to get it sideways, cause it will just stop. You have to drift at a tight angle and at full throttle.

OR you could learn a track to the point that you know every little bit of line and do good angles just to slow down to take the turn (drift braking, not braking drift)
Put Hybs on the back and have fun.

I was able to drift Kyoto long course no problem, it was actually pretty fun.
i see.thanks guys.i will practise.

XRG Drift
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG