12h of Kyoto: 1st Qualifying Session Declared Void
After all the discussions about cutting AND checking the replay intensiveley, we have decided to declare the first qualifying session for void. Almost all times in the quali have been achieved by cutting, a situation we simply cannot approve. Tomorrow night's session will be the only one counting for the race.

If for any reason a team cannot participate in tomorrow's session, it can present to us a clean lap from Sunday's session which will be taken into the grid order then.

On the cutting itself: pls see attached image for finding out what is allowed and what is not. That should settle the issue. We will enforce this strictly in qualifying. In the race we are aware that concentration might be an issue, so we will carefully look at whether an advantage is gained or not. However, if you blatantly cut, there will be strict penalties. For the last corner the same as for the left hander of the chicane applies.
Attached images
moe_kygp_cutting_2.jpg
The upper part of the image shows the car on the green and not on the traditional curbing. Mistake, or intentional?
Same question as DeadPrairyHoundSkeleton. If it's intentional, this isn't a universal solution... Nevertheless; thanks for the explanation, good to see a final answer for this race
The green patching on the right apex is legal. Just follow the picture
Thank you admins, this clears all misunderstands
Don't really understand why the the green stuff is counted as curbing in the second part, when it's not part of the track in the first corner. Doesn't really make sense it changes like that? Solves my cutting dilemma though because that chicane feels so awful to drive, and so wrong, now I have real reason not to trash it.
#7 - Koopa
I find this a bit weird, we drove a p1 and a p3 with GT2 and im almost sure it wasnt illegal, the first curb you cant cut it, its simple, if you do cut the first one, you get your suspension broken + you jump sky high, which ruins your lap, everyone is paying attention to the second curbstone, there is were the problem is, and also that one was taken in a normal way for my team... Its like, just keep 2 tyres on the curbstone, or in other words, dont get completly off the track in the gravel trap, to check this out, just check the fastest laps, if you got dirty leftside tyres youve gone off... And the laps was illegal...

Anyways well do it again tomorrow then...

Ow and what about making a mistake tomorrow??? What if the fastest lap was illegal, will the second fastest lap count then???

Just take a look @ this one, completly legal...
Quote from Blackout :Don't really understand why the the green stuff is counted as curbing in the second part, when it's not part of the track in the first corner. Doesn't really make sense it changes like that?

I have to agree with Blackout here, doesn't make sense to me - but if it's the way to go, I'll live with it. Looks like cutting to me though
Quote from varjsa-9 :I have to agree with Blackout here, doesn't make sense to me - but if it's the way to go, I'll live with it. Looks like cutting to me though

i guess its because of that:
when the green stuff would count as curb then u would end up with your left wheels on the speedbumps...so when u stay "legal" u dont touch the speedbumps at all.

for the 2nd turn there is no speedbump...but gravel that slows u down anyways so there the green stuff is of no matter and therefor legal.

at least thats how i think the admins based their decision on.
So by the looks of the pictures cutting is OK.

IMO 2 tires on the racing surface at all times should be the rule, anything else is cutting. Curbs, grasscrete (green area) sand, grass, walls, fences, grandstands ARE NOT racing surface.

I know its been beat to death already
im takin nearly all kerps on kyoto, am i cutting the whole lap? should retire from lfs then
Quote from cwmax :So by the looks of the pictures cutting is OK.

IMO 2 tires on the racing surface at all times should be the rule, anything else is cutting. Curbs, grasscrete (green area) sand, grass, walls, fences, grandstands ARE NOT racing surface.

I know its been beat to death already

Everything you said except curbs is not racing surface (note "racing surface"). It is very common knowledge in motorsport that curbing is part of the track, and there is always the 2-wheel rule. Keeping two wheels off the track, and the other two wheels on the track (includes curbing) is perfectly legally. Nils, if you say you are using the curb on the entire track, I highly doubt you are completely cutting Turn 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You still need to have 2 wheels left on the curb, that is it.

Some tracks like Hockenheim and Silverstone have a grated green runoff on the outside of turns (like AS GP has), and even that is considered legal parts of the track.
i was jokin but the right hander when u pass under the bridge gives possibility to be on the outside curb with all tyres, that'd be some kind of cutting in his case. also the loooong right turn before that bridge. t1 can happen that way too when going into the left hander of the shicane. but no need for discussion again, as its quite obvious.
Nils just broke his record for number of posts in 1 night.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG