The online racing simulator
Xfire screenshots.......
(9 posts, started )
Xfire screenshots.......
Not sure why but when taking screenshots using Xfire, for some reason only 1 in 5 (approx) come out with the car and background.

Quite often I get shots like the one below that is missing the background:

any ideas?

Why use Xfire, when LFS has a screenshot facility built in?
xfire automatically uploads your image to your public profile (i beleive)
#5 - Davo
#6 - richy
I get this with my xfire too.

I use crossfire for the reason above. It uploads straight away, and I can copy and paste a jpg link right away to a thread or something. Where as LFS is a bmp that I have to convert and upload myself ....

xfire stores the file as a decent sized .png file with a jpg preview... nice.

But the pictures come out corrupted like stablex says, about 1 in 5 actually work. Is it something to do with the graphics sync with the physics model or something?
#7 - Jakg
Seeing as every other app i use (ie Grabby, which is an age old peice of software) works fne, i'm saying it's Xfire to blame, not LFS
#8 - richy
yeah i assumed its the way xfire takes the screenshots. it saves as a .png file does that mean anything. like would xfire use some other method of taking a screenshot other than a bmp dump like normal. and i wondered if that might have a conflict with the way LFS has seperate threading or something i dunno im stupid you know about this stuff rofl. like you know, something to do with Hz!
#9 - Jakg
Firstly - All a screenshot app should do is just do a Print Screen and then save the clipboard as a whatever. This is why apps like Grabby, Hypersnap Dx, Fraps etc all work.

No idea how Xfire does it, but it's doing it a more complicated way than the "simple" way everything else does it.

LFS has no seperate threading (unfortuantely), and Hz is to do with your monitor :P

Xfire screenshots.......
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG