Poll : What is the best Start Time for you?

Closed since :
10UTC
20UTC
22UTC
06UTC
00UTC
09UTC
11UTC
21UTC
01UTC
02UTC
03UTC
04UTC
05UTC
07UTC
08UTC
23UTC
Start Time Poll
3 days to go!
Hi,

for me the best start time would be 20:00 UTC(22:00 CET) in case of Friday, or 8:00 UTC(10:00 CET) on Saturday.
Voted for 20:00 UTC as there is no way I could do Friday morning.
Looks like you have a tie here Arrow, so what now a flip of a coin? or another poll with just these 2 options?

Im pulling with the flip of a coin
Quote from AstroBoy :Looks like you have a tie here Arrow, so what now a flip of a coin? or another poll with just these 2 options?

Im pulling with the flip of a coin

i think the only reasonable thing to do now is start at 20utc...since 10utc is in the middle of the night for everybody west of the atlantic
Quote from speedway :i think the only reasonable thing to do now is start at 20utc...since 10utc is in the middle of the night for everybody west of the atlantic

That's only half the world. What about the other half?
Hmmm

What if we rotate the starting time 10UTC and 20UTC
example:
Round 1 - 20utc
Round 2 - 10utc
Round 3 - 20utc
To be honest i don't mind. As long as people like speedway reliase that they arn't the only one's wanting to race in this championship.

With the vast time differences between the pacific and europe i really do think it's going to be to difficult to get a time that suits everyone. The most senisable thing to do seems to run each round at a different time favouring a differnt nation each time.
Quote from Gizmo_007 :To be honest i don't mind. As long as people like speedway reliase that they arn't the only one's wanting to race in this championship.

With the vast time differences between the pacific and europe i really do think it's going to be to difficult to get a time that suits everyone. The most senisable thing to do seems to run each round at a different time favouring a differnt nation each time.

really funny...first of all,i do not want to race in this championship anyway, or rather i wouldnt get to race in this championship since im not fast enough anyway (im really interested to see how an entire nation is going to sort out who is going to drive)

so why do i still bother even though i shouldnt? of course its not possible to hit a perfect time for everybody, but you could at least be reasonable enough to start at a time that suits most nations...so you basically have 2 choices, you either make australia (and new zealand) stand up early or canada, usa, mexico, brazil, argentinia etc
I prefer races for start between 19:00-22:00 (UTC) on saturday, but It coulb be frexible for sunday at 15:00-17:00 (UTC)
THANK U THANK U THANK U
What about 0400 UTC. That way its 9PM in California, 2PM in Australia and 6AM or there abouts in EUROPE.

That would not be too bad would it?
i prefer 22:00 UTC
#13 - Nobo
When you give like 20 Choices. It would be better to vote again with the best 2 or 3 or so. Since you want the time which can do most of the nations.
Quote from Unforgiven :What about 0400 UTC. That way its 9PM in California, 2PM in Australia and 6AM or there abouts in EUROPE.

If i was driving, i wouldn't want to wake up at 4am
Quote from Unforgiven :What about 0400 UTC. That way its 9PM in California, 2PM in Australia and 6AM or there abouts in EUROPE.

6AM in Europe? I'd say 8pm (London) myself. Remember, it seems like most of the teams will be in Europe, it would give a collosal disadvantage to many teams as they will have to get up at 5AM ish. Yeah, someone has to but making the majority do that seems a little ... odd.

Any decision on who will be picking the teams? I'd go for the non driving captains route, then again it's because i'd volunteer for that because I'm too slow to drive
Quote from Arrow. :This will most likely be the combos. and start time for each
Combos are set to "Main Hotlap rank" Tracks/Cars so Nations can battle it out offline as well in the LFS World "Main Hotlap Nations Rank"

UF1 - AS cadet 20utc
XFR - SO town 10utc
XRT - BL gp 20utc
LX6 - FE black rev 10utc
FO8 - WE interntl 20utc
FOX - Aston Club 10utc
FXR - historic 20utc
FZR - KY gp long 10utc

As you can see the time alternates from round to round so every second round you will be up early every other you wont, its the same for each nation so dont think that ur special everyones equal on bad times, except maybe a few.
I know im a little late on this but....

As you see, most of Europe & all of the America's wouldnt bother turning up for week 2, 4.....
10utc is between 4am & 7am in the states IIRC

If you looked at the license pie chart, Europe probably accounts for 60-75% of them. In terms of nations, Europe will account for probably more than half of the competing teams.

Lets be honest, if it wasnt being organised by Aussies, then you wouldnt get a bloody look in in regards to what time it started. Im not saying thats right/fair but its true, everyone would be told the races start at XXutc, who's up for it. Because its Aussie based, and your on the other side of the planet from the majority of people you want to compete against, your kinda forced into catering for everyone because otherwise nobody would turn up because its inconvenient.
I'll say it again, cos people will ignore it, im not saying any of thats fair, but lets be honest it is the reality of it. Nobody will stop the series taking place at an inconvenient time for the majority, but only those its convenient to will be taking part.
If its inconvenient for Europe, you lose over half your entrants, the Americas you'd lose 1/4, the Oceana region another 1/4 and then middle east & remaining areas probably wont have anyone or not enough to cater towards.

Also, dont forget that a 20utc start is Saturday night in Europe, its 8pm-10 to 10pm-midnight depending where you are, so European entrants would be giving up their Saturday nights, its not exactly perfect for Europe either.
Ok then, What about 10UTC Saturday?

It seems to be fine for Europeans and Americas in MOE...
10UTC is *cough* acceptable for MOE for North America, since the races are at least 6 hours long.

We don't have the case here, so I think a compromise may be in order. How about 13UTC? Early-afternoon for EU, early-morning for NA, midnight for AU.
I think for EU it might work, its not a great time but i dont there are any decent times for it.

1pm (12pm a few races in thanks to summertime ) on a Sat wont go down well with the drivers missus, not sure how people would feel about that, but might go down better than 10pm-midnight to a few. If push comes to shove though, i'll be at the match, dunno bout everyone else.
United > Everything else
Quote from banshee56 :10UTC is *cough* acceptable for MOE for North America, since the races are at least 6 hours long.

We don't have the case here, so I think a compromise may be in order. How about 13UTC? Early-afternoon for EU, early-morning for NA, midnight for AU.

Thats 10 AM for Argentina. It would work for us.
10UTC here = 2AM, and races are 6 hours long? Count me out for racing then, but I'd like to help my nation.
1 AM here, ... and 13 UTC if in Argentina is 10 AM, it will be like 6 AM, Mexico, 7 US
11UTC would work for us Australians
Yanks?
11PM UCT would be antisocial/difficult for Western Europe (11pm, I couldn't make that myself) and basically midnight for UK/ROI/Portugal if it were to be in summer time.

I suggest 8pm London, with daylight savings time used. That would be 8pm Western Europe (that's just the UK until Portugal or ROI join), 9pm Central Europe (France, Germany etc), 10pm Eastern Europe (e.g. Finland, Estonia and Russia), 5PM in Argentina, 3PM in New York, Noon in LA. 7 AM in Sydney. Although it does mean 5 AM in Perth, if any of you guys are based in WA. Sounds like the nearest thing to a perfect time myself.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG